Old Dominion Question

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by X-Country, Apr 25, 2017.

1. 2BucTruck

2BucTruck Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Eastern USA - Go Bucs!
    Happy to divulge. Northeast top rate is .6568 cpm for l/h. Starting pay is only a few cents less. You reach top rate in 2 years. I don't know about city - around $28.00. I believe I'm $28.70ish when I go hourly.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crackerboy

crackerboy Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Anyone know what kind of runs they have out of Des Plaines IL? Don’t want to get home every day but weekly. Called the terminal but the lady couldn’t tell me.

4. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I've been to the Des Plaines terminal. Out of the Chicagoland terminals, it is my least favorite. Small, and cramped. If you're not looking to be home daily, one of the other locations might work better.

OD does have wild linehaul positions where you stay out 5 days and go wherever the freight takes you. Not every terminal offers that position though. Des might not, but there is a larger terminal off of I-55 and another even larger and newer terminal in Crest Hill. There is also a large terminal in Peru, and a smaller one in Rockford. Either of those wouldn't be an unbearable commute if you want to stay out days at a time.

I don't know if any of those places have wild slots, but it doesn't hurt to check. When you call, ask for the HR person. He/she will know more than the receptionist that initially answers the phone.

blairandgretchen and crackerboy Thank this.
  5. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Wow - what a terrible pay rate. No wonder they have trouble getting drivers! :)

6. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    It's best to go to their website and fill out the application. You'll be ahead the Jokers that try to shortcut that step only to have to do it in the end. You won't be hired otherwise, might as well get it done. When you tell the terminal manager you've already got that step done, he's got the fire under his ### to move if interested, not you.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  7. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Didn’t know this - didn’t realize you’d gone there either - congrats!

darthanubis Thanks this.
  8. 2BucTruck

2BucTruck Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Eastern USA - Go Bucs!
    I can't recall if I filled out an online app. I had my interview in person with the linehaul manager, but I might have then went to the kiosk in the linehaul office and formally filled out an online app.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.