ONE Cardinal Logistics experience so far

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by militrucker, May 7, 2017.

1. militrucker

militrucker Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Washington
    I've currently been with Cardinal Logistics just over a year now and figured I've been here long enough to have a pretty good gauge on them. I can only speak for the WA branch so things probably greatly differ in other regions that they are in. So as far as treatment of the drivers I'd say this is hands down the best I've been treated since I started driving over six years ago. Although they are not perfect nor will a company ever be they do their best to keep drivers happy and with ample time off. Equipment is really nice and most of the trucks we currently have are 2016 or newer with the exception of a few. As far as maintenance goes I feel they are a little lax on it but I'm also super picky about problems with the truck. We don't have a shop on site and with us only having 8 trucks at our account it hurts when they lose one. Benefits aren't bad but they also aren't the greatest in the world (hoping that changes when the government gets their little nit pickers out of it). With a family of 4 I'm paying 152 a month which includes 40 going into an health savings account which cardinal matches. The insurance includes health, dental, and vision with other options you can include i.e disability and life insurance. As far as pay goes I net on an average week between 1,000 and 1,200 a week so the pay is decent. There have been times though where I have made 1,500 a week take home. The pay is based on the harder you work the more you make since we are paid on miles and stops although I've heard rumors that may be changing soon. So as of right now I'm making .30 a mile and 14 a stop with other pays in there that I'm not gonna list. They do reimburse for most road expenses including hotel (if your in a daycab), parking, and scales. As far as the work goes I work for a account that does curtain sides hauling lumber to different customers throughout WA, OR, and ID and for the most part it is super easy work. On average I do between 6 to 14 stops a day so it is a bust your butt type of job. On average I'm home 4 night's a week and out three. They are super strict on safety and logs so there is no break if you mess up. We don't run the bendix system but they do not have cameras in the trucks. We are on electronic logs but not to many places arent. I'm not a company fan boy just a driver that found a job that works, not everyday is great but that's trucking. I'll try to keep this thread going almost like a blog with updates and experiences as I continue on this adventure. Feel free to as any questions you may have also.

bknjflgrl, dtmo, DMH2281 and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I worked for one of their refrigerated accounts and agree with you; it's a very good company. The only reason I left is I wanted to try tanker work.

bknjflgrl and militrucker Thank this.
  4. militrucker

Aug 29, 2010
    Washington
    It's crazy how many different accounts they do. There's been times Ive meet another cardinal driver and never knew we did that type of freight. I know of 4 in my area alone.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Reason for edit: Spelling
    bknjflgrl and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, if anyone is interested in Cardinal the contracts available are on the website.

bknjflgrl Thanks this.
  6. militrucker

Aug 29, 2010
    Washington
    Well today we are officially hourly drivers, we'll see if the paychecks go up or down.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  7. militrucker

Aug 29, 2010
    Washington
    So it's been awhile since i've been on here but i'm still currently driving for Cardinal. Hourly's been pretty nice since we get paid for all of our sitting time. I'm on a dedicated route that runs 7 days a week with a 34 hour reset on Sat to Sun. The money has been stellar and on my W2 last year I grossed just over 80k. The beginning of this year kinda sucked due to jury duty which the company paid me for and family issues back home killed the ot on my checks but now i'm getting back on track. My account has been super busy due to an awesome economy and were hoping to hire some more guys. Not to many complaints with local management but corporate is what corporate is. We have cameras in the truck now which wasn't a big surprise and they've made most of us do sleep apnea testing, which I passed. All in all still trucking and happy here.

8. Hot dog

Hot dog Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Do you still work for cardinal logistics how about the benefits how much is it for a family per month

9. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    Do they pay overtime after 8, after 40, or s it straight time only? Looks like they pay time and a half?

10. militrucker

Aug 29, 2010
    Washington
    We get OT after 40

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  11. militrucker

Aug 29, 2010
    Washington

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.