Orientation 02/29/12

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by RetiredSarge, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Sea0fgreen

Sea0fgreen Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Rural USA
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    I love when you send in breakdown macro for eng fault on apu, they say get with fm in morning to get routed to a terminal.Ok i am in oklahoma heading to Iowa there are no terminals in between.WTH? So what do they expect you to do for ac till you get routed to a terminal,go get motel room every day yeah thats cost effective versus just getting it looked at immediately at a shop somewhere and get it fixed smh

4. Green Machine

Green Machine Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Swap a load with someone that is heading towards VanBuren. Thats usually what my FM did when I needed to get something fixed like that.

5. RetiredSarge

RetiredSarge Medium Load Member

they have now started sending ppl to thermo king if you're not near a terminal

6. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    i will be into Missouri by time any one gets to Van Buren to do anything.Got the accelerator mashed down with my broom so i can idle truck all night.It just went to thermo king two weeks ago had two belts replaced and now its doing the same thing again

7. RetiredSarge

Just put a bungee around Johnson bar and it will idle all night

8. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    I just pulled trailer brakes. Then pushed in tractor brakes. Mine would idle all night.

9. Green Machine

Green Machine Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Ohio
    I wouldn't trust most of the trailer brakes on USA Trailers lol... Then again when I was OTR the only time the trailer brakes were set was if the customer required it or if i was dropping the trailer :).

10. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    That's true. But you just need a little tug on the trailer to make sure the brakes are set. When you release that air they are set. Just don't be on a mountain.

11. RetiredSarge

I tried that with my KW and it didnt matter which one was pulled it would still cut off

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.