Preface: I have over 1 year of experience as a combination of OTR/Regional/Local driving, but I need to make some real money to move out of my local area in lieu of better trucking job availability.
I struggled to find good information about this company before committing, so I’ve decided to write a review so others can decide for themselves. Despite the horror stories you hear about foreign owned Chicago based companies like this one, I took the leap and went to orientation. Here’s my review of the company after working for Orozco Trucking Inc. after one month.
As of 9/14/26:
0.84cpm Reefer @ 1 Year Experience
All miles paid except bobtail.
Reefer/Dry Van Only
Orientation
Flight + Uber to orientation initially at your own expense and will be reimbursed once you start running loads
1 day orientation. Unpaid.
Tablet with ELD app is provided to you during orientation
You will use your own GPS, none is provided (I pay and use truckerPath)
This is strictly a 1099 position, no LPP’s are available to my knowledge.
You will be assigned your truck the same day, and the permit book. Inside the permit book should be an EFS card, paper logs, EFS checks, and all your permits. Truck # and keys will also be inside.
Trucks
On social media, there are tons of posts you can find showing off their flashy 2026-2027 model year Volvo VNL’s and Cascadias, but as a new driver, you are getting assigned the older model trucks. I was assigned a 2025 Volvo VNL (old gen). I talked to the fleet manager and asked if I could switch trucks to a freightliner cascadia instead, and without hesitation, the fleet manager gave me the keys and asked me to inspect the truck. Additionally, I was handed a printout checklist of all the things that should be in the truck before it is sent out of the yard. Spare windshield wipers, chains, washer fluid, oil, hub oil, bungees, tool kits, wrenches, and other small items are put in the truck before you take off.
Upon climbing in, the truck was impeccable. Very clean inside and out. All items on the checklist were there. A 2025 freightliner cascadia, with about 398K miles on the odometer. Lightly spec’d. Factory EPU installed. 2 keys provided w/ 1 key fob. New tires. Virgin steers and recap drives. Steering runs straight and true.
Governed speeds: 69MPH Pedal/73 Cruise (GPS confirms 70MPH Pedal/74 Cruise)
2025+ Model Years:
-Volvo VNL
-Freightliner Cascadia
-Kenworth T680
-Peterbilt 579
I was also told that they cycle through trucks after 600k miles.
Safety
LDW is on by default, and can be turned off with the switch on the dash and is NOT on a timer. There is no idle timer.
Motive camera is installed, both front facing and driver facing cameras. (I have an orange driver facing camera cover that comes with the cameras, and safety has not reached out to me at the time of writing this to uncover the driver facing camera, so it is safe to say front facing camera only)
Driver Manager
My driver manager has been good so far. I have not waited on loads, and I have had a load on my app (Ditat) before I complete the one I am currently on. We communicate daily when my DM is in the office, and overnight/weekend dispatch reaches out to me the days/nights I will be making a pickup or delivery. I have had a mixture of long and short loads. Some overnight driving has been required for some of the shorter loads. I have never been pushed to violate my HOS. I stick within my drive time, and I make it to appointments on time. No complaints there.
Pay
0.84¢/Mile Reefer
Loaded/Empty Miles Paid
Bobtail Unpaid
Practical miles calculated (Door to door)
Paid parking reimbursed 2x monthly max
Layover pay @ $150/night
Lumper Fees paid by company via EFS code
No escrow
No chargebacks
You will be charged $36/week for Occupational/Accidental Insurance (Will show on your settlements)
I do not have average miles, but from 8/19-9/06 I have driven 4,660 miles with 4 days off for home time.
Hometime
Because I am a new driver, I needed to go home to get a few things for my truck I could not fly with. After talking to my DM about taking home time, I was slowly routed back home with short loads.
I talked with my recruiter about the flexibility, and turns out that you can take more than the standard 1 Day home for every week you are out. After just around 19 days out, I was in my home town and took 4 days off.
You will take the truck and trailer home. I paid out of pocket for truck parking and will be reimbursed for it.
I was contacted by a driver relations manager who is responsible for reaching out to higher ups if you voice your concerns about something and nothing gets done. At the time, I hadn’t received my reimbursement for my flight and uber to orientation, but following that phone call it immediately showed up in my next settlement.
If anyone is interested, I can show my settlements thus far.
I will continue to edit this with updates every few months or so.
Orozco Trucking Inc - Elgin, IL
Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Bently34, Sep 14, 2026.
Page 1 of 5
-
-
Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds
Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.
-
CDL-A Truck Driver Jobs | Orozco Trucking Inc.
~
FAQ
~
Trucks are governed at 72mph. Pets allowed.
bryan21384, Bently34 and Lonesome Thank this. -
Orozco doesn't have if any experience is required. Do they hire new cdl school grads? If not, how much experience is required?
-
I took that info from the website. 74 mph is even better.Bently34 Thanks this.
-
1099 is usually the first flag to people seeking job. and rightfully so. if you get hurt on job, its on you, and of course at tax time you need to cough up their share and yours of taxes.
But you sound content, and that is good. Liking your job is important -
AFAIK, they hire with 3 months of experience. I believe their current rate at 3 months of experience is 0.76cpm Dry Van and 0.82cpm Reefer. At 3 months experience however, a driver will most likely be sent with a trainer. I don’t know any of the details on their training length or if there is training pay associated with it.Chinatown Thanks this.
-
I agree that it is a red flag. If the company offered a W2 position, I would’ve gladly chose that route. However, since the money has been good and my miles have been good, I can’t complain. I just recently spoke with a CPA and will be paying a monthly fee to have my quarterly taxes in order and I don’t have to worry too much about it. Rolling with the punches.Ddh77777, bryan21384, blairandgretchen and 2 others Thank this.
-
It is great to have that passing power. I cruise at 70 and pass at 74. Orozco trucking does offer a 2¢/mile fuel bonus at around 7.4mpg, and 3¢/mile at around 8.2mpg. How that is calculated I was never told, but it is advertised. I haven’t worked here long enough to see the bonus actualized though.
-
Most people don’t bother with the CPA part of it - congratulations.
How much % had you intended to pay in quarterly?bryan21384, Suspect Zero and Bently34 Thank this.
Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds
Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.
Page 1 of 5