Owner Operator here no debt

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Transportacion R&R, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    last week my furthest load was 92 miles, I hauled 13 loads, deadheaded back for another hauling between 80-92 miles.
    Gross $5200 and was home every night.
    Sometimes it just works.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
  4. trucker2121

trucker2121 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2013
    your starting up in a time with the next few month is uncertain. did u not watch the news before buying this truck. drivers scrambling to go back into company driver to make ends meet.

5. Transportacion R&R

Transportacion R&R Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2020

Thank you sir. Experience is approximately 5 years OTR and Odessa oil fields. Took 5 years off, and now back at it again, but this time as an Owner Operator. We will be hauling what we can in order to average that $2.00 a mile.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  6. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I heard that once a little girl bought a little pig and named pinky . As she walked back home , The girl started making plans for her future , she made big plans , because she “knew” exactly what could the little pig will do for her . The little pig , she thought , will grow to be a mother of 10 little piglets . She will keep 5 females and she would sell the 5 males for 10 dollars each .so, she will have 50 dollars and the 5 other females will have 12 piglets each so, she , within a year , will have 50 dollars plus 60 more piglets and she continue planing and growing . When she arrived at her home , pinky was death.

wore out, Coffey, 86scotty and 4 others Thank this.
  7. Transportacion R&R

Apr 10, 2020
    I have noticed that many O/O over extend themselves with debt, I am starting my company debt free and plan on growing it that way. Yes I have heard of the news, and for that reason it is a great opportunity to purchase trucks. The trucking business will always thrive in the USA.

Manice955, lsnook24 and Coffey Thank this.
  8. trucker2121

trucker2121 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2013
    1. not a wise decision at this very moment.
    2. 2.00 a mile is a hit or miss. depends on the demand, where your located, and being glued to the load board to catch it.
    3. yea not too much as far as loadboard. maybe mega carriers moving it
    4. I use plate program. cant speak for my own plates
    5. newest promotion on market if your credit is good to satisfy your need. have 3 credit cards
    6. dart for me. if I leave maybe landstar
    7. nothing. I have high credit limit. have plenty time to pay in full. if yu cant get one 20 to 30K in the event. personally if you repairs costing up towards the teens recommend new truck.
    8. 70week
    9. I personally wouldn't. sound like a big headache. you now handle everything. more pressure and paperwork and insurance might be high. call and call brokers/shippers/trucking companies on loadbords. you need multiple insurance coverages truck & trailer. you may need to hire someone or you can have to spouse/girlfriend do this while u just focus on driving and proper rest.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  9. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    This is comical. Trucking business will always thrive? Why are so many laying off right now? Still thriving huh?

Just because you have paid off equipment doesn't mean much when the load board is lacking loads and those listed are $1.20/mile.

Keep trolling, I'm out.

wore out, 4mer trucker and chimbotano Thank this.
  10. Transportacion R&R

Apr 10, 2020

11. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    That's number two, number one is mismanaging their business.

This is the worst time to start up, there is going to be a serious dropout of owners, and should be.

We are finally seeing capacity coming down, and we should be short of capacity. This means people who are surviving marginally, will be finally gone.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.