Parking in the dock!!

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by kimbosa, Jul 13, 2017.

1. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    That happen to me a few times! One time i was backing and a kid on his bike almost lost his life. Scared the hell out me but him, no he thought he evil knivel.

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    ....Or looking for somebody to pin something on.

kimbosa Thanks this.
  4. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    He'll learn about that one the hard way the first time he goes to stand up too soon. Then you can laugh.

5. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Well my main concern was of course the day cab pulling away, the guy gets smacked by a cross member and goes down, no more driver....

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  6. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    It was a high end oven... I mean that da#### thing cost about $35k. The owner sent someone out of Big Sky to pick it up for him.

Yeah, nobody benefitted from this situation. I had a undelivered, the lady had a pissed off customer, and some poor guy made a two hour round trip and got back empty handed.

The next day the food truck was gone. The lady kicked him off her property. He had too many prior offenses and that was the last straw.

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  7. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I guess that rules out dropping it in front of idiot's truck and letting them break it down and take it inside, since we're talking about durable goods...

8. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    That would have worked. But the oven weighed close to 700 lbs and I did not have a lift gate. The forklift couldn't go around the food truck at all. But yeah, that thought crossed my mind. Dump it in front of the food truck and let them deal with it.

9. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Got another story since we are on the subject. We had a lone dock worker that did nighttime outbound. His nickname was Double D (stood for Dumba## Dan). He lived up to that name but that is an entirely different story.

He would have his entire family over at the barn after our operations supervisor left. I mean he had his wife over, and then there were seven kids (ages 3-13) running around the dock. Hell, he even had his dog there.

Anyway, his wife decided that parking with everyone else was too far for her fat arse. So she parked her car infront of a dock door that was strictly designated for our liftgate trailers.

I was livid that he had his wife park her POS soccer mom van in my spot. When I came inside I was like "what the mother#### is going on?!? I have to navigate my forklift around your kids and your wife decided to park her s###can van in front of my dock? Like do you want your freight so you can go home?!"

I wanted to back my trailer right up to that van's bumper then disconnect to box them in between the other trailers. Instead I filled a complaint with my supervisor the following morning.

kimbosa Thanks this.
  10. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I'd do it, but with a different trailer. :evil4:

road_runner Thanks this.
  11. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    SWEET. :biggrin_25514:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.