Past employment verification

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by jon69, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Dealing with this now. I have a good job lined up and my current employer won’t fill out the verification form. I’m going to go to the corporate office and have it filled out personally. It’s a nationwide company but lo and behold.....the headquarters is about 20 miles from my house.

You do your job so well that they don’t want you to quit. I’ve even told them numerous times, I’m not doing this for you or the customers, I’m working hard to get home at the end of the week. New job is five miles from home and local. This is really ticking me off.

jon69 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Don't go getting yourself arrested.... the new company can take a W2 as proof of employment and it sounds like things are pretty sour at the old outfit.

4. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Requesting an employment verification letter be signed in person is in no way a threat. They’re simply dragging their feet in helping a driver that does their job well exit.

I’ll go the W-2 route if need be. This form in question also asks a few questions about past drug and alcohol testing but I registered online with the DOT’s Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse system and the new employer has already verified my info via that.

5. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Went in and got the necessary form filled out, signed and sent on its way.

6. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    I just went through the same thing. I solved my problem but it took almost 3 months. I got something removed from my DAC then I had something changed.

The problem is if you are in the top 5% of drivers like I was ( fleet of 500+) they get real spiteful if you leave. From putting false things on my DAC to not giving employment verification.

But back on track now and hopefully things will go good from here. Also have done the clearinghouse registration so all that is up to date.

7. Officialdw

Officialdw Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2014

Going through this same thing now. Sad.

8. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Well long story short, the local job was the bee knees BUT they were taking the necessary steps to do away with overtime. This consisted of hiring more drivers. It was a government entity job so even those aren’t immune to cost cutting measures.

Went back to the previous company after a glorious month off and all is going very well. But the point of my post......had a co-worker quit and go to Wal Mart Transportation. He went through the same thing. Last I talked to him he was scheduled for WMT orientation in five days and still hadn’t got the employment verification signed. I told him to get with our direct supervisor and he will sign it personally. I think he got the verification back into WMT on Friday and started orientation that following Monday.

Wal Mart utilizes an overseas company to do all of their pre employment processing. He said that they were easy enough to deal with. Had a contact that always answered the phone and replied to emails.

9. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Why doesn't that surprise me? :biggrin_25513:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.