Permit test failed again

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Travis05Lock, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Travis05Lock

Travis05Lock Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Maine
    Well today I went back to my DMV to re take my permit test. This was to re take General Knowledge & Air Brakes. Failed. I studied the manual page to page over and over. When I took the test again, then relised some of the questions on the test where not on the test, some where some weren't. Because there was question ask about the proper level of a dry bulk trailer. Or something like that. I don't know if I'm the only one that is facing the same situation? I don't know if anyone had to take their permit test twice or three times. But sent a fourm to set another re take test date. I live in Maine so, I'm sure its different from other states. Not given up though.

BigBob410, Hulld and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Travis05Lock Thanks this.
  4. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Well...
    What’s the proper level of a dry bulk trailer?

I don’t know about pneumatics, but bulk tankers are 10% cushion on liquid products

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  5. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Follow this link to the truckers report practice tests:

#1 Free 2020 CDL Practice Tests

Do the longer practice tests over and over. Take notes, and then do them another 10 times.

You may find many of the same questions on your test for Maine. You’ll eventually know it front and back. You might as well get your endorsements while you’re at it.

6. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Don’t sweat it.
    Study and take it again.
    I’m an over forty year cdl holder and I have no idea of what the proper level of a dry bulk trailer is ?
    And I am also not totally sure how to properly chain down coils on a flat bed.
    But I can tell you what the proper clearance for cars is on a car hauler.
    And I also can tell you how many cows will fit in the belly of a cattle pot.
    It’s all relative to exposure and experience that will come later.

7. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    Like was said above...take the tests on here along with what’s in the book. I added my hazmat again recently and there was only one question on the state test that wasn’t on here. Good luck.

Travis05Lock Thanks this.
  8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Same with that HazMat BS. I failed that part every time I took it. It was as if, they asked questions that weren't covered in the book. Crooked basters, so I just took jobs that didn't require HazMat. That was years ago, and you probably need HazMat to deliver pizzas today. Keep swinging, pal, get it behind you, and hopefully, you'll never need to go through this foolishness again.

9. Travis05Lock

Apr 30, 2021
    Maine
    I appreciate that, but I've already spoken with Swift and they won't hire anyone out of Maine. CFI is awsome right now and they are being patient with me. So, I'm gonna go with them.

10. Travis05Lock

Apr 30, 2021
    Maine
    Thank you everyone, I've ordered a book called CDL exams for dummies off from amazon. I don't if anyone has read that, but I'm going give that book a try along with other helpful reads.

BigBob410 and Team818 Thank this.
  11. Switcher

Switcher Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2016
    There are apps you can dl that run through the test questions, they helped me a lot.

Travis05Lock and Team818 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.