Personal Protection

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Picinisco, Nov 7, 2016.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Be careful with that "lift the shirt" thing. In some states that's considered brandishing.

roshea and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That is exactly it, Arkansas is a brandish state. Someone trained me that information as a gift plus a paperwork showing a stack of laws starting with Threatening and working way up through the assaults to murder etc. Talking to that particular instructor and recieving a lesson or two was a great thing to have because who knew?

Next time, there is no shirt thing, and I hope never to have to haul iron. That will be a bad day.

Rusty Trawler Thanks this.
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Carry with the hope of never having to use it, and if you do have to use it, do so not with the intent to end someone else's life but to extend your own.

Rusty Trawler and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Can of extended reach hornet spray. Perfectly legal, and far more painful than pepper spray.

x1Heavy and Rusty Trawler Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is another option, Arkansas is a Blade State, repealed the old bowie laws from way back when in 2011. As long you are not committing a crime anything can be on you. It's a free state regarding knives but will break people who do use em to commit a crime against another that is not pure self defense.

7. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Just discovered that wasp spray is a class II neurotoxin. If you were to use that against someone and claim self defense, you might be in for a rude awakening when you would be the one charged with attempted murder.

8. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Flare gun...legal in all 50.

9. Jwhis

Jwhis Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Man all this time I thought this thread was gonna be about lot lizards. How disappointing.

10. Omega7777

Omega7777 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2018
    the only time truckers use guns to protect themselves is in gun fights with other truckers. all in the news ;)

11. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I see this is a bit old. These threads also can get the juices going too. Today I am retired and live near the water in Phoebus, Virginia. I walk a lot between my home and the Hampton, Virginia VA hospital. I have been accosted two times now in a bit over 3 years. I recently purchased a P-227 and have owned a WASP knife for some time now.

My largest fear is some of the political violence will finally land here. I am friends with cops both active and retired. All of them suggested I carry now. I am a physically large man. I played linebacker on my high school varsity football team. My health is failing now and I walk with a noticeable limp and do so slowly. The first time I was attacked was under the I-64 Bridge over Settlers Landing road. I don't go looking for trouble and can't take firearms on the VA property. However I do take my WASP knife. If some foolish kid thinks I am an easy mark and is dumb enough to attack, well one of us is leaving in a body bag. I will do everything I can to make sure it is not me!

spindrift Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.