Phone lines...

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by MACK E-6, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    This happened about four blocks from my house earlier this week.
    Cops took the driver away in handcuffs, charged with DUI plus outstanding felony warrant!:eek:

macavoy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. texasbbqbest

texasbbqbest Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    Thought of this thread earlier when I saw a guy in a pick up truck hook a bungie line that some lady was using to hold down one of those temporary pop-up shelters, which came crashing down. The dude just kept on going and never looked back. Made a heck of a noise but no one got hurt. I laughed, then saw how pissed off the lady was. She and I got the shelter back up and I helped her secure it a little better and out of the way.

Didn't get her name... ######... I always forget that part! :(

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  4. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Only responsible for a wide variety of tree branches. Stuff happens when you deliberately go off road to unload!

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  5. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    An (unofficial) rule of thumb at my old company and terminal, if you pulled a wire down on a rural road..."what wire?"
    That being said, I've pulled two down, years ago. One on said rural road, one while trying to back into an extremely narrow gate at a building on an army base (I actually pulled the breaker box off the wall inside the building! Miraculously, they ruled it non preventable, because I was concentrating on getting in the gate. I really should have been charged with it.)
    I also took out a couple mailboxes on my blindside while backing in somewhere, also years ago. I hate mailboxes...

Toomanybikes, road_runner and Mike2633 Thank this.
  6. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    I knocked over a mail box once while turning around in a driveway in my Jeep at night. Went to Home Depot when they opened at 6am and got a bag of sakrete, 4x4 and a mail box. Some old lady comes out. She ends up making me a grilled cheese with tomato and tea.

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Trailer tailswing has a tendency to get mailboxes while turning around in cul-de-sacs.

JReding, Mike2633 and texasbbqbest Thank this.
  8. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I think I took down one or two in my day

Mike2633 and texasbbqbest Thank this.
  9. texasbbqbest

texasbbqbest Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    I ran over my own mailbox when I was 13 and learning how to drive. I learned that if you pull in to the garage straight then you can back out straight. No need for turning the wheel!

Big Don Thanks this.
  10. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    When I had my carpet cleaning business I backed right out of a houses driveway right into a mail box with my Ford Econoline van. Uhhh fun times...

texasbbqbest Thanks this.
  11. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Mailboxes? Bah, those grow back if you knock them down

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.