Good Day yall. First of all I have done OD, overweight loads and Machinery hauling. So we have a good idea what is Happening out their.
This is what I hope you can help me I live in Florida. I need a company to Train me so I can be a pilot car driver. Still hold a Clean Class A. Don't mind to be on the road. So their must be a company here if florida that can help me
Pilot car Driver need training
Page 1 of 2
That is, if you're planning on setting up your own car.
1. Who is “WE”?
2. When you say that you have done OSOW, were you a driver or were you riding in a pilot car. And if you were a driver, did you ever pull a load that required a civilian escort?
3. How far are you from Pensacola?
1. Loads coming out of Florida will more than likely be out of Jacksonville and Pensacola. The big players in both will be Landstar and Bulldog. They probably have their own school, especially for a load that needs to be steered (which you will need that Class A to qualify)
2. There is a pilot car directory. Find a Florida based company and apply for a job.
5 basic rules to follow.
1. Don't tell me you need gas as we're starting the day.
2. Don't run all your electronics thru one 3amp cigarette lighter plug.
3. Don't ask to borrow money for new tires before we leave.
4. Turn off your rodger beep and echo box.
I'm not listening to that crap for a thousand miles.
5. Don't be butthurt when I verify the height pole.
- Must be 18 years old and 21 in some states
- Valid driver’s license
- You must have taken a defensive driving course or hold a class A, B, or C commercial driver license
- Carry vehicle liability insurance
- Ability to speak English and communicate professionally.
Count me in, then.
Sky is the limit up to 9.95 USD equally spread in 24 monthly payments.
Good credit absolutely necessary or a letter from the local Sherriff office.
Offer available in every state except Florida and California. LOL. /s
Page 1 of 2