Pitfalls from speeding

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Diantane, Aug 25, 2018.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    It really doesn't matter because the Sun is scheduled to burn out in a few billion years and this planet will become an ice cube anyway.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    tucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. farmboy73

farmboy73 Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    Scheduled? Really now. I’m just curious exactly who scheduled it.

4. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Oh please.

Good grief, the crap people will try and revert to when losing their pathetic argument.

So all you green police drink your pee?

Silly huh? Just as silly as accusing folks that are not buying into the latest cult of disgusting acts.

7-UP Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I used that strategy twice in my life long ago. The state trooper could not produce it so he got tossed. the City bear however was able to produce a record showing calibration of his radar. It's not his first rodeo. That particular Lawman actually became a good acquaintance I suppose for a lack of a better word. Once in a while you have someone who actually cares about doing well as a Lawman. (This is not a attack on any or all Lawmen, just that this particular City Policeman was able to cover his bases very often in court.)

For what's it's worth, many tickets I just paid and move on with life. Caught fair and square, numbers not as high as they would have been if they got a reading before my braking. =) Those days are over thankfully. The worst I have to worry about is the school zone and that's not a route I drive on once a month or once every other month.

tucker Thanks this.
  6. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    For the record I clicked on that first sentence thinking it might be a link. You environmentally friendly rascal, you.

I am at 23 pages. Does it have an impact on the environment having more pages? Does it burn up more battery indirectly causing me to buy another battery sooner?

wore out and tucker Thank this.
  7. frizzbees

frizzbees Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2018
    It's pizza logic, right @x1Heavy
    Like asking them to cut your pie into four slices because you're not hungry enough to eat eight. :)

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    HAHAHA. I love it.

Especially when I know I am being teased. It's all good. =) Some of you are doing a very good job of teasing me today. I know I am not perfect. But am working on it.

frizzbees, tucker and gokiddogo Thank this.
  9. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Oh puleeeeeze. Your virtue signalling is a load of hypocritical BS just as it always is from the left. Nobody denies that the planet has too many people dumping too much crap and using too many of our natural resources. You wrongly assume that people practice what they preach. Those who demand that the world change into something that is (in their opinion) better for us all, but in private they can't be bothered to follow the rules they demand of the rest of us. Al Gore is a perfect example. The world economy is fueled by oil, and until science perfects cold fusion or discovers a magical synthetic compound that produces endless free energy, we're stuck with oil and other fossil fuels.

The planet has been warming for the last 14,000 years, and will continue doing so at various paces climatically as we get closer to the next ice age. It's happened thousands of times in earth's history and it will continue to do so until our sun burns out and the earth is no more. In the mean time if we run out of oil, fresh water or the ability to grow enough food to support our ever growing population, there will be wars, famines, and large portions of the world population will die off.

For you die hard recycle fanatics, here is a little factoid for you. Most of the plastics, paper and metals that are saved for recycling in the US are shipped to China and India. We're too clean to dare mess up our own environment with all of that garbage so other countries buy it and pollute their own back yards (and the world) just so they can make products from our recycled junk and sell it back to us. The next time you haul your recycle can to the curb, remember that everything in it is going overseas, and most of it will wind up in a landfill or burned there.

10. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I do recycle a lot, but the drop center is right along my way.

I’m not a kook, I love Monsanto and Round Up and gmo’s,

If we’re gonna feed 7 billion people we need a lot of new farming and quicker growing animals to survive.

wore out and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  11. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    That's a load of excrement. The climate has been changing since the dawn of time...once it was warm enough that large cold blooded reptiles ruled the roost. Then it cooled off and ice covered much of the landscape. Then it warmed up again...and cooled again...and again...and again...and again. NOTHING we do is going to change that. Besides, who is to say that of ALL of the various climates the Earth has had throughout its history that RIGHT NOW is the "ideal"? Why NOT 5 degrees warmer...or 5 degrees cooler? Just who's "ideal" are we after?

Did you know they have found evidence of climate change on Mars? Guess what! It coincides with the warming and cooling trends we have had here on Earth. Our pollution must REALLY be bad if it is affecting other planets, too! Or maybe it's the common denominator...you know, the SUN? Those warming and cooling trends also coincide with increases and decreases in solar activity.

As much as you'd like to think otherwise, we are a small and insignificant creature when it comes to the climate. The earth spews out more "greenhouse gasses" in one volcanic eruption than all of mankind can produce in a lifetime...and you know what? The planet is still here. There have been storms all throughout history...big ones and small ones. They haven't got "worse" or "more frequent"...you just hear about them instantly on the news.

Dumdriver and peterd Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.