Place your bets on my DAC

Discussion in 'Knight' started by RizenPhoenix, Aug 2, 2010.

1. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I came home for home time and parked my truck at the location my Division manager had approved verbally. Got an appointment with the doctor the next day for swelling on my knee thinking I had fluid on it again. By the time I get there the swelling turned into just a bruise, oh well I thought, lets just get a general check up since I'd get charged for the visit anyway.

Nurse checks my blood pressure, looks a little worried and takes off out of the room without a word. Doc comes back with her to recheck my BP with an electronic cuff. It read 180 over 120 heart rate 112. After a shot and a few hours laying in a dark exam room it came down enough to let me go home but he put me off of work for a week to give the medicine he put me on time to bring it down to normal.

Called knight and they said fine. The doc scheduled me a follow up and also wanted me to do a sleep study because he suspected sleep apnea would be the root cause of my health problems(along with the mountain of caffeine I consumed on a daily basis prior to that doctor visit). Went to the consultation visit and the sleep doc said that I most likely had severe apnea and he didn't want me driving a car let alone a truck till the sleep study. They where great and got me in the next two nights for a two part study. Sure enough the doc was spot on and I indeed had severe sleep apnea, so now I'm off work till I get a cpap in a week or so.

Knight decided to recover the truck. So, the question is, what do you think, if at all, they will put on my DAC?

PS - BP was 120 over 82 with a heart rate of 88 at the doc visit. Tired as hell with no caffeine except for the day after the part of the sleep study they had a cpap on me. Felt great that day so I hope I get the machine soon.:biggrin_2556:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Why did they use an Electronic cuff? Those give out horrible readings and can be off. Way off.

Doubt they'll ding your DAC.... your HireRight form? Well they can't you had your right to drive medically removed.

4. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    Hey Phoenix: if all else fails, then re-raise from the flames and start over....nah, scratch that. You and your driving record will be fine. The reason that your truck was taken is because Knight has a company policy that states that if your truck will not be in use for more than 4 days, you will have to clean your truck out and let someone else use it. The adventures of slip seating, yaaaaaaay!

Here's the businessman mentality: why would a company let a truck sit when it could be running and earning extra revenue for the company? Don't take it personal. It's strictly business. I'm almost 100% certain that when you are medically cleared to drive, you may even get your old truck back. As far as your DAC? As long as an incident such as a major accident didn't occur that resulted from your hypertension, then I don't see the legal reason for even noting that on your record (unless more overnight-shove-this-up-the-driver's-rear revisions were passed on what does and doesn't get noted on someone's driving record).

As a side note, JHC in a chicken-basket, try to avoid the overconsumption of caffeine and alcohol before a medical exam, por favor! I was in the same boat, so I can poke fun!

*jokingly sticks out tongue and walks away peacefully*

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
    Red Beard Thanks this.
  5. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Question is, if they needed the truck, why are they giving them away?

6. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I just drove by Tulare two hours ago. 20-25 bobtails, several trailers, and two combinations plus an outside carrier with a very decorative daycab and trailer along with the for sale trucks on the 99 frontage. The Loves down the street was jam packed complete with no less than 5 Knight bobtails, each in their own space.

Best of luck Phoenix, sounds like your in good hands now. As for why Knight needs your truck, no clue. There will be no ding on your DAC. Knights just run by people who are in such fear for their job they follow the policies, even the ones that make no sense. As much I hated the stupid games Knight played while I was there and the flagrant wasting of money in every possible conceivable way, I never got the impression they were out to get me.

7. dasco3

dasco3 Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Powhatan VA
    Just read your post. Getting any better?

8. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Update.

BP is under control now. Got my cpap a few nights ago and doing good with it. I go back to sleep doc on the 24th and should get released back to work then. My DM has assured me I'll have a job still.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.