Please stop leasing.

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Dre Strong, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    No, but you know they turned and closed down in 2019?

How they think i’m going to make the payment leasing this thing and they’re not going to go to work?

Ridiculous.

Is refusing to go to the gym is a form of resistance training?
    AB06C1CC-D64E-4929-9051-DE5516958CBB.jpeg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. markealy

markealy Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2013
    EL PASO
    Why Give up.i only been a lease driver for 15months out of a 30yr career there is NO WAY I GO.BACK TO A COMPANY DRIVER ....NO WAY ....if you want to debate company vs lease iam game but with facts and numbers there is no way a company driver is taking home 2500 to 10k in a week

4. Another Canadian driver

Another Canadian driver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    No company driver will take that.
    They won't have tires and windshields and batteries expenses either. Have I mentioned tow bills?
    By the way.

LtlAnonymous and chimbotano Thank this.
  5. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    That's why you have a maintenance account.

6. Another Canadian driver

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    Yes, you do have one.

7. markealy

markealy Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2013
    EL PASO
    My lease covers tow if it's mechanical windshield runs 364 installed at safelight

Attached Files:

8. Another Canadian driver

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    You see?
    There are some excellent leases out there.
    The sky is not falling. Not today, anyway.

9. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Truly, with a decent company, leasing is a hybrid O/o. They both have to run a business. But the contractor has the support system of the company.

10. MrCompton734

MrCompton734 Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Woodhaven, MI
    In the United States, there is a significant movement with support to mandate hourly trucking wages for company drivers. But I loved leasing, and I'm signing onto another lease, but with a car hauler. I'm glad I tried it out at RTI. Now I know it's possible to actually make money and cut fuel costs a significant amount. Should be a lot easier with freight that pays decently. But
    Well, in the United States, people like me, actually from Michigan, my representative is Andy Levin, who introduced the Guaranteeing Overtime for Truckers Act. “Every second Congress allows the FLSA motor carrier exemption to exist, lives are recklessly and needlessly put at risk,” Truck Safety Coalition President Dawn King said. GOT Truckers Act would remove overtime exemption I agree with a lot the statements in this article. We are trying to make a change. Somebody up top is always fighting us.

11. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    and the support is free, is it??
    if you work as hard as a lease operator does, you will be millonaire as 100% independent O/O, believe me. since money isn't my priority in life, I run less than 65K miles per year and I clear at least double than a lease operator does running over 100k miles per year. What I love being 100% independent, more than anything, my freedom! I refused to haul cheap loads so, I have parked my truck/reefer (paid off both) since February , and no one will fire me or take my equipment away from me .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.