PrePass vs. Drivewyze?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by turpentyne, Oct 20, 2023.

1. turpentyne

turpentyne Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2023
    I've mostly just lurk, but maybe it's time I posted something:

On these two bypassing apps... what are your likes, dislikes, frustrations, comparisons, experiences on each. I'm seeing such wildly different opinions between these two. Help me decide!

.....Annnnnd go!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    What are you using now, and how has your experience been?

4. North Pole Nightmare

North Pole Nightmare Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2021
    My company has prepass,never had any problems or issues with it.It works on all the toll roads we run.I don't know what the cost of it is.I've only got a red light to stop at the scale a few times,almost always get a green light.

5. Blagoje

Blagoje Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2022
    Sheboygan, Wisconsin
    I have used both and I do like Drivewyze because it does give me additional random information that is beneficial to know. That being said I also get a lot of information notifications that I neither need nor even want to receive and there is no way that I am aware of to shut those things off without shutting all notifications off. Those unwanted notifications become very obnoxious and distracting.

6. turpentyne

Mar 7, 2023
    PrePass+ without any real issues. Maybe a battery replacement every 4 months, that's it. Decent bypassing rate.

7. turpentyne

Mar 7, 2023
    Hmmm... What sorta random info? I've heard they do safety stuff. What messages are annoying you?

8. Blagoje

Blagoje Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2022
    Sheboygan, Wisconsin
    You'll be driving to a certain area and it will give you a warning that the area is not safe, I drive through the Chicago area regularly for example. Also I get warnings about areas that have rollovers, especially exits but if I'm not actually taking the exit I don't really care. I also get notifications about rest areas that I'm not interested at stopping at. The thing just has to let me know about all sorts of crap I don't really care about. I really just want to use it for weight stations, that's all.

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    We have DriveWyze and when we get the bypass it comes with the “...except hazmat loads” stipulation. Is that normal?

10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Ours doesn't do that. But here In Arkansas we have to always go in if placarded anyway. Maybe your company has it set up that way.
    We were getting notifications about possible flooded roads in Texas a while back when it hadn't rained in weeks. ???

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That could be. Being relatively new to it I was just curious if that was SOP for DriveWyze.

And that begs another question. Does “hazmat loads” mean when placarded or simply having any amount on board.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.