Pride Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Kry0n, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    It seems things arent working so well anymore. I have just been kicked out of the mechanics shop and company wants to put me in a hotel for the rest of the day.

Long story short. My trucks front end collision system is throwing errors and truck slams on breaks for no reason. No cars, bridges, objects in front of me. Brought truck in on 1/19. Their in house freightliner mechanic saw all the codes in the ecm, but cannot find any issue with sensor. He clears the codes in the ecm and releases truck back to me on 1/20
    I get assigned a load 1/21 and drive 10 miles and collision system starts throwing alerts "front sensor blocked" "active cruise control disabled" and truck brakes for no reason.
    I turn around go to the mechanic shop and notify the manager Rick the problem still isn't fixed. I told him all you guys did was clear the ecm codes that is not called fixing a problem. He tells me that's called "protocol". I told him no that's called "lazyness". He then tells me to get out of his shop and don't come back.
    5 minutes later I get a phone call from my dm telling me he is going to get me a hotel because I'm not allowed in the shop today.
    This close from cleaning my truck out. I will go into detail about yesterday's issue that happened while waiting for the truck to be repaired in another reply.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Do you get break down pay?

4. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    I love how these threads always go from singing the company's praises to, OMFG WTF just happened here or this place sucks don't work here.

Not aiming this post at you OP, just talking in gen this seems to be how they always go. Lets all face it every company has BS it just depends on what BS you can handle is what makes or brakes your time there.

5. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Yea $50 per day.

I heard you, but I haven't gone down that road about the company. Just sharing what's going on. The good and the bad.

free spirited1 and Fajo Thank this.
  6. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Again, That post was not aimed at you, more in the general context of these threads.

7. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
  8. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Still trucking with Pride.
    Working on some things and will share them soon what I'm doing.

If anyone has "Zello" on their phone please join us on "YTTA / Lionstar Supporters" channel.
    Real life truckers talking about the business and helping truckers better themselves. 50+ truckers on average on daily and growing.
    Tonight we rocking with 80+ drivers sharing the knowledge.

free spirited1 and TheFriscoKid Thank this.
  9. bobthesailor

bobthesailor Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Huntington,Tx
  10. travis bates

travis bates Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2016
    What about backing and not wearing a seatbelt will you get fired our fined?.

11. Donnie1962

Donnie1962 Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2016
    No one is "afraid" of driver-facing cameras. It's the principle of it. It is unAmerican.
    Hey, can the Police just walk into your house and search it? As long as you have nothing to hide, you wouldn't mind if they just showed up without a warrant and snooped around, would you?
    Can I look at all of your emails any time I want? You don't have anything to hide, right?
    Good lord... I am constantly amazed at how quickly people will agree to have their privacy invaded because they "have nothing to hide." It's not about hiding.
    Is this America? Or The United States of North Korea?

duckdiver, Voyager1968 and yuban Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.