Prime is looking for drivers.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by snowwy, Nov 11, 2017.

1. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Ya they did u a favor. Lemme confess something. Years ago I applied to them too. They never even bothered to call me back. That was once upon a time. I then wondered what’s wrong with me and I moved on. Now, years later I have been with a different flatbed company the whole time and I am so happy Prime turned me down. I have won almost every award my company hands out to successful drivers. I mostly like my job. In other words, I do my job right and I’m happy.

Prime recruiters are dummies. They never even called me during a time when I was so new that I would have signed up instantly. In fact I might have even bought into their lease purchase, being uneducated on this scam. Thank god they didn’t like me!

417bigK, speedyk and Tall Mike Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ric Rabbit

Ric Rabbit Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Atlanta metro area GA
    Poor attempt @ black humor? My company, single family owned, recently established a new one woman "HR dept" with corresponding "policy manual" that's all "pro-company", not a single word about wage scale increase(s) or any real employee protections. Even had to "acknowledge and sign"!

ie: "All over-weight violations (a common problem) will be handled on a case-by-case basis" (?) Can you say "favoritism", a "good 'ole boy" policy?

Swore I'd never work for a globalist company like "Prime" or "Delta" again and here's my hometown one desperately aspiring to be just like one!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    then will you be quitting soon..??

Tug Toy and IluvCATS Thank this.
  5. jescott418

jescott418 Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Mt Morris,IL
    So I see a lot of Prime trucks running slow down the highway. Always wondered is this by choice or to try and make some money? To me being a former owner operator for over 15 years now a company driver. My benefit to being a owner operator was to run the way I want not be forced into driving like a company driver or worse with a speed limit just to make money. I talked to a few Prime drivers over the years and not many seem really happy but were locked into a bad lease agreement and were just trying to ride out the lease. Maybe its become better maybe not?

6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    not too many lease deals benefit the lessee, but the lessor....that's been common knowledge.

too many are tired "working for da man"...or want a better life, and go in all wet behind the ears into a lease deal.

first of all, not all lease deals offer one a new truck. it'll be a cold day in hadees, that i would ever lease an old truck, then buy it, at lease end, to have what, HUGE repair bills later on?

some of those lease operators make good money, not great. some are just as poor as if they were still on unemployment.

who's really at fault?

certainly not ANY company with a lease/lease purchase deal, they make out with every greenhorn they get.

the "newbie" is at fault for NOT being educated enough to see a cycle of low paying weeks, and high lease payments. and to not take advice to stay away from any lease/lease to own deals.

Western flyer and Paddlewagon Thank this.
  7. 417bigK

417bigK Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2018
    Southwest Mizzery (MO)

Maybe so. But it's been next to impossible to find a company that'll take me, even before my legal troubles. I guess I made a mistake leaving CR England, but I couldn't take the abuse and #### they put me through. But with my CDL already and only a month of OTR, almost no one seems to be willing to take you, that I've found.
    I've been talking to Western Express and Paschall both, but I'm not sure if Paschall will take me on or not. Western gave me all but a emphatic "Yes", although I hear bad things about them. But at this point with my lack of OTR and misdemeanor, I have to take what I can get.

8. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    You don't really get to pick your own color.. You get a number in line and when your number is up you can pick from the trucks they have at that point.. you might get lucky and there is 4 or 5 trucks to pick from or you might be at the end of the list and have 1 truck open.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  9. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    You can over ride the collision systems by keeping your foot on the go pedal.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  10. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    . Dude go with Western express. Yeah they get made fun of, but so do all the companies. At least you will get real flatbed experience. And then switch up later.

fargonaz and 417bigK Thank this.
  11. 417bigK

417bigK Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2018
    Southwest Mizzery (MO)
    Really? I feel like Paschall would be the better option, and I like the area better (smaller towns). Plus I just spoke with them, and said they'd love to have me.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.