Prime Lease Purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Leperkhanh, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    D.Tibbitt and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    When I went OTR. During the crash. Everyone wanted 3 years otr. Except Swift. JCT was one I inquired.

To put it in perspective. There IS no purchase option. The megas trade em in regardless. You never own the truck. You never the own title. There is no contract that is an actual purchase contract. The mega can pull one out from under you. You just trade for a newer one. They lease the trucks themselves and trade em in every 3 - 4 years.

Now I won't say every company is that way. I don't know every company details. There are some actual legitimate deals. But those are usually trucks that have already been leased out. And they'll usually have 500 - 600k miles on them. And they'll usually require experience. One company does that. It's an actual purchase contract but your payments are variable. Not fixed. And if you're lucky enough to make it to the end. You haven't starved yourself or gone bankrupt. It's time for a inframe. I wouldn't recommend that program unless you have absolutely ZERO finances or priorities. Cuz you won't make much to put in to your bank.

Ironpony worked for Prime and he leased. Did 2 trucks. He hasn't posted in years so no idea what he's doing these days. Or how it all worked out.

There was a married couple who leased a brand new truck from Central. They got their own financing arranged at the end of the lease but went through a lot of red tape to get the title. No one had it and when they did. They didn't want to turn it over as the title wasn't setup for purchase. It was setup for lease and trade.

4. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Did I ever tell you I snuck into the Jonestown, I mean Springfield Prime terminal?

I bought 2 of their MCP200 units for $60, got sideways with their douche security guy,

Almost got invited into their basketball game,

Considered bathing in their water feature.

True story. It was a mix of scenes from ‘The Wall”, and Pulp Fiction, with a smattering of Teletubbies thrown in.

I escaped unscathed, yet still have odd flashbacks.

5. JForce28

JForce28 Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    I think Freymiller is the same as JCT with the $1.00 balloon payment at the end of the lease.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Last Time Around

Last Time Around Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  7. JoeTruck

JoeTruck Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    LOWER 48
    The only way you can make money with a prime lease is to be a trainer.
    Whatever you do work for a company for a year or two before you lease.

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Yes sirrrrrrrrr

9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    For $15k down you can spec order a new truck from a dealer and your payment would only be around $600 a week, with a full warranty.

Driver Eight and roadtech Thank this.
  10. Driver Eight

Driver Eight Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    I think, Lone Mountain too. But no ordering specs. That said, in stock they have standard 13s with 500HP and like 3.25 rears iirc. And relaxed credit perhaps but not sure.

11. texasmorrell

texasmorrell Medium Load Member

May 3, 2012
    Lone Star State
    There is a $1 buy out at the end of the lease purchase. That’s all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.