Problems with Clearinghouse and Swift Transportation need help!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Guppster, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Guppster

Guppster Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Hi my name is Matthew. As of November 2020, I quit as a driver for Swift Transportation and wanted to move on to a new company since then. When I got back home, Clearinghouse did schedule me for a drug test which I know I passed since I am not on any substance. The problem is that the company that I am trying to work for says that Clearinghouse won't release me because they say I have not left at Swift. However, I called Swift's HR department and they say I am cleared and listed as "terminated" meaning I am not an employee. In response, I asked for my separation letter to prove to them that I no longer work at Swift Transportation which they did give to me.

Once I got my separation letter, I sent all of my paperwork to my new boss and he hasn't heard from them ever since. Its been 3 weeks since I gave him all the information he needed while it takes another person 3 days to get approved. I am curious if there is a way I can get a hold of someone at Clearinghouse so I can get this issue sorted out.

TLDR: I quit Swift Transportation to work for a new company but Clearinghouse is not following up. Is there anything I can do?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Guppster Thanks this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    what i bolded...

how do you know, it only takes another person 3 days to get approved.??

you do realize that we are still in a pandemic, and the possibility is there, that particular office is understaffed?

you ask us if there is anyway you can get hold of someone at the clearing house, have you personally tried all avenue's to contact anyone there?

Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse - Home

in the end, it is also highly possible, your new boss just hired someone else.

Guppster Thanks this.
  5. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    Contact an attorney.

If you dont have an attorney that you use, usually, they'll charge you about $50 to make a phone call to the clearinghouse. That should end that.
    If you do have an attorney that you use occasionally, then he probably wont charge you anything.

Companies like this usually dont like hearing from attorneys.

I'm betting you'll be cleared by the end of the day. Then you can go on with your life.

Guppster Thanks this.
  6. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Have run full query on drivers that were still working someplace else. Don't understand what clearinghouse/employer release you're referring to.

ZVar and wis bang Thank this.
  7. Guppster

Guppster Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2020
    I contacted him the other day and he said that the position is still open and that other drivers were approved. It just happens that mine is taking forever.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  8. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    The clearinghouse has nothing to do with the hiring process other than a check to see if a driver is on it for a positive on a DOT drug screen. The OPs primary problem is Swift is not getting back to the new carrier with the information required by 391.23. This could be caused by many things. At some point, if an applicant is otherwise qualified it's OK to note in the files Swift did not return the inquiry sent. Just a thought though! Is the OP sure this new carrier is not just blowing them off using a phantom no reply from Swift as the excuse?? Won't be the first time!

9. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Last time i ran someone from swift had to pay $20(?) to their service. That might be where they don't have his info yet. Have never had a large company not provide the info, even though quite a few charge for it.

10. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    You have to give consent on the clearinghouse website for someone to do a query. You should get a alert on the clearinghouse website when someone try’s to do the query. As a O/O I had to query myself (that just sounds wrong) it took about 10min for the alert to come through.
    If you don’t have a alert on your account, then no query has been done. I would lean towards what @Moose1958 said

brian991219 Thanks this.
  11. Guppster

Guppster Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2020
    As from my understanding the first time I got tested, I was told by my boss that Clearinghouse said that I was not released from Swift Transportation as if I was still working for them. The problem is that I officially quit from Swift Transportation and in my pov, there should be no excuse to not release me as I have done everything that has been asked of me. Like I said in the OP, I have my physical separation letter and I still haven't heard anything from my new boss yet.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.