Pros and Cons Roehl

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by ChancesRGood, May 16, 2018.

1. Lpirtle

Lpirtle Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    Yeah, i never really got to go solo with Rohel. (I failed their phase 2 training.) However, during my training I did get to see how their micromanagement can go. They give you written directions for routing and fuel stops and expect you to follow them to the tee. Their co-pilot navigation app never worked, ether it would give you wrong directions or it would just flat out crash. I also counted about 1 blue screen of death a week for the computer, i would have to disconnect the battery to reset the computer. I personally thought that their scheduling was too tight in flatbed, the appointment times dont seem to take into account time for load securement and tarping. In the flatbed division their equipment is junk, offering tarps that are heavy and are overpatched; its a draw if the tarp is going to have a flap or not. They tend to leak as well; costing time when a damage claim has to be submitted due to a bad tarp.

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Yes , scheduling can be tight in flatbed , it is part of the game, that is with any company... tarps are always gonna develop rips thats also part of the game, u need to learn how to patch them...i dont want tarps with flaps because that usually means they are 8foot drop tarps and u dont need those unless u are hauling tall stuff.. A steel tarp works just fine fore everything else..if u cant keep ur freight dry then u shouldnt be pulling an open deck!! None of this has anything to do with the company and everything to do with driver inability

4. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Don't think much of Roehl. Read somewhere they have you climb up on a high box to simulate walking on a flatbed.

Look at dry bulk, places I went all had railings or fall harnesses. Lower pay than some tanker but mostly local.

Groendyke and Coastal might talk to you.

5. Lpirtle

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    Yes, ive learned from my experience from Rohel that flatbed isnt for me; so I agree that driver inability is part of it. As far as the damage claim, let me elabrate what I am talking about. I had a drop and hook load in southern kentucky; or at least it was supposed to be drop and hook. I hooked up to the trailer, took it to the tarping shed so I could properly secure it without getting it wet. The load turns out to be soaking wet when I pull the tarps off. The damage wasnt my fault, both the company and the shipper agreed on that. However, I was stuck at the shipper for 12 hours while they unloaded me, dried each individual steel sheet and then reloaded me. I actually still have pictures of that load on my phone. I understand though that things like this will happen once in a while in trucking generally. Most of my loads were aluminium coils, so most of the time I was using lumber tarps. I didnt use steel tarps much.
    With Rohel's cargo securement training; it was three days. The first day was just all day in a classroom. The second and third day the class got on real flatbed trailers with simulated cargo to practice securement. At the end of the third day, everyone took a written cargo securement test. The rest of the securement training would be on the job with a trainer.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Reason for edit: Added Rohel's cargo securement training procedure.
  6. wyldhorses

wyldhorses Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2012
    United States
    Roehl.
    One step above CR England
    One step below Swift
    That's all anybody needs to know.

7. Lpirtle

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    Depends on prospective i suppose. Im currently with swift now, im waiting on a trainer at the moment so I cant speak about my experience with them yet.
    As with Rohel, while I understand why they terminated me, they are attempting to bill me $7,000 even though they sent me packing. I think swift only charges $4,000; so thats a bad vibe with Rohel for me.
    Swift and cr England are technically the same entity; but allegedly operate as different companies. Thats how it was explained to me at orentation.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  8. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    I think very little of them. Bad place with slaves as employees. If you like slavery it’s a great place.

9. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Actually it's Swift and Knight that are in bed together, England wants to join them, but Kevin (Knight) isn't too crazy about threesomes.

Knucklehead Thanks this.
  10. Lpirtle

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    Ah, gotcha. I was typing off the top of my head at the time so its not surprising that I got the names wrong. Thanks for the correction.

TB John Thanks this.
  11. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    It's Slavery 2.0, new and improved with the workers paying their own expenses with just enough left over for a distracting game or smartphone for a pacifier. A lot of them will voluntarily tune into the latest propaganda radio programs to listen (for free) to political car salesmen so they can find out what they are supposed to think as well, this makes it easy to keep wages low. Unions are bad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.