prosport runs danderously illegal loads !!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by oneyrotr66, Apr 30, 2013.

1. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Prosport Express Line, Inc of Niles, IL has their authority revoked and is not currently allowed to operate:

https://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/SMS/Carrier/1854287/Overview.aspx

Prosport Logistics, Inc
    Landmeier Rd Elk Grove Village, IL
    DOT # 2247721 is a freight brokerage authority only, so there are no safety metrics applied.

Prosport Express, Inc
    Pratt Blvd Elk Grove Village, IL
    DOT # 1758605 is in the alert for Unsafe Driving (85%) as well as HOS compliance (83%).

https://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/SMS/Carrier/1758605/Overview.aspx

Mtn Gal Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    Prosport also has or "had" their own driving school. I know because I saw their driving school truck on the road a few times.

4. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Well isn't that reassuring? Must be easier to teach 'em how to cheat, lie and deny right in school than try to unlearn what they learned in school and reteach it their way!

5. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    basically its one of those "chameleon" companies...as soon as the feds start leaning on them for safety problems, they just get a new dot# and keep going.

6. J.W. Barrett

J.W. Barrett Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Like all things, the truth is somewhere in the middle. I worked for Prosport for a while and, Yes, the owners do, as much as they can, care about the dirvers' concerns and try to keep them happy. Do they run illegal, HELL YES! Do they force you to run illegal, HELL NO! Anyone who does it, does it by choice, period. People get butthurt and embellish the negative and people get a bit of Stockholm syndrome and embellish the positive as well.

They had me run some pretty crazy loads, one time I did a 200 mile deadhead back to the office/yard (because of a trailer issue), sat there for a few hours while they were looking for a good load / figuring out what was up with my trailer, then they offered me a "power only", straight through run that was 860+ miles. It was winter and I stopped on the PA turnpike at 3 AM because it was solid ice and i was exhausted, at 7 AM, the dispatcher was blowing up my phone and pissed that I had stopped. He never gave me another load, but then again, the owners never got upset either. The load got delivered and the customer was happy.

It's all about free will, no body is holding a gun to your head, choose wisely, because one thing I also know for sure, if you F up, they are going to be the first to be surprised by your "lone wolf" behavior, throw you to the dogs and run the opposite direction. They may give you a cash advance for your mortgage, this is true, but realize, there won't be one when you need to make bail.

Hammer down!

7. Flipflops

Flipflops Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2015
    I know prosport very well. The owners of the actual company don't force you to do illegal crap. Do guys do it? Last I remember few fix a log book just like some American independents. Not sure if they're using elogs now.

Technically the OP even tho this is few years ago was hired by a Romanian guy that is out of Omaha?

This guy probably bought 2-3 trucks and leased them into pro sport. Pro sport told him the type of money he will make. So this guy found the OP and wanted to run him like hell because he probably had 2-3 trucks and wanted to make fast money by pushing a driver over the limits.

This has nothing to do with pro sport as a bad company. It has to do with the owner that leased his trucks to this company.

I've dispatched for companies like this before and there is always a guy with 2-3 trucks that wants every load to be 3-4/mile such as team loads and wants a driver that will do 4-5k miles a week. It was a headache because I would send him load confirmations and then I'd have to deal with brokers because the truck hasn't made it because the driver was tired. Typically these guys change a driver once a month until they find a hardcore running guy.

every guy that comes to these "fleet owners" promises he will run like crazy, and is money hungry, but in reality the driver wants to move into a truck and live in it, and do a minimum.

Would I recommend pro sport? No, but not because of the claims of being forced to run illegal and all the other nonsense Mentioned.

8. desperado75

desperado75 Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    Well azvern is the guy a few years ago that started a gofundme for his own truck a few years ago claiming to have driven 2 million safe miles in 7 years. He has also been banned from FB a couple times once by me. Now he is a Lyft driver.. like an Uber driver in Phoenix..js

passingthru69 Thanks this.
  9. Dexterr

Dexterr Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Lafourche parish

I’m going through it now.. I know this is an old thread

10. Dexterr

Dexterr Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Lafourche parish
    vl trucking is one I know a guy for them

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.