Pulling in head first to park

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by BIGLEFTYINTX, May 10, 2019.

1. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Anyone opposed to me parking sideways across the fuel island? Might as well if it's acceptable to just nose in all the God #### time like a bunch of four wheelers.

FlaSwampRat and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. it shouldn't matter one way or the other as long as you're within your two lined spaces.. if you nose in or you pull in there's no difference at all long as you're not blocking somebodywhat you tell if your trailer stick it out in the aisle way like some of these car carriers do when they nose in or some of these goofy foreigners do in a place where you don't. cuz it's an older truckstop you got to use common sense after you park get out walk to the back of your unit and look and see if you're blocking anybody sometimes you have to turn around and back in..

QuietStorm Thanks this.
  4. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    I have never seen nor heard of someone getting out after blocking a spot or a person by nosing in and then getting back in their truck to back out and turn around.

5. I know some of the older truckstops if you're on that very end or is that called The corner spot and somebody noses into The corner spot directly next to you some of them realize that they have you blocked in
    or the alternate is you get your butt woke up at 3 in the morning because you're black and somebody from leaving. most of the time what you find is somebody gets on the CB and tears him a new one when they block somebody in when they finally realize that that's when they back out turn around and back in. as I said your newer big box truck stops have plenty of room most of the time when you knows in you try pulling one of those stunts in one of the older 76 is now TH or whatever they are are a few other kind of places you find that it doesn't happen.
    now we're not talking about the middle of the parking lot we're talkin about usually if you think of a Flying J or a pilot where you have parking facing each way..
    again these are the ones who knows in towards the very corner first or second ones with their trailer sticking out far to where they're either blocking somebody from backing in chew the other corner ones or to where their trailer is prohibiting them from pulling out of their parking spot.
    I have done it more than once when I have nosed in and walked in the either shower or come back out after using the facilities and I noticed well my trailer sticking out too far I got no choice I see this guy's not to be able to get out of his parking spot. picture a capital letter L. now that capital letter L are the two lines of parking the way the trucks are. now do you see and I'm sure you seen it before if you're on either of the very corner spots of that l and it's an older truck stop and somebody's already backed into one of the end corner spots more often than that people have gotten woke up to back themselves out because they're blocking somebody from leaving

QuietStorm Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    They cannot back. That's why.

I pulled in maybe 5 times or a dozen if ever in my lifetime.

4 of those times I got properly trapped by another.

The old Nashville 76 comes to mind. There is a ring road where everyone pulled in. Unfortuately when it's packed everyone parks along the other side around the grass. Trapping the entire corral. (76 is long gone... demo'ed)

7. as I said after having my truck backed into three times in 2018 I have taken to where I prefer to nose in so when somebody backs in there more liable to hit my trailer. althoughmost of the time now when I shut down I tried a nose in right in the middle of the aisle way that way I know I can back straight up and there's no way somebody's going to block me in the right of way. I also have certain places I like to stop where I know when I knows in its quiet also if it's a truckstop like Fort chiswell Virginia Fly J or Cullman Alabama Pilot Wilco and you sit on top of the overlook I like to look down at the traffic too. especially at those two aforementioned places.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    I recently saw a Swift truck nosed into a spot. He was a bobtail and still crooked as heck. SMDH!!!!

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.