putting his coffee cup down..???

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by buddyd157, Jan 6, 2020.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Thats where those little bumper post mirrors come in. Its not much but way better than nothing.

Once I lost the west coaster on the right side due to a tree and found myself trapped to the left in reading of all places. So stupid of me.

I reached out to the next flatbed from another company whoever he was on the radio and he became a human right side mirror for to clear right. We ended up teaming with two more in convoy when the towns rush hour cars started getting vicious.

Those old fashioned mirrors were easier, just bolt on a replacement.

Bud A. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    Ah yes, Irish coffee. It's the best. But totally unsuitable for those days when you're driving.

clausland, buddyd157 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I think his lawyer told him to do that. It was not a heartwarming note. Kind of weird more like it

Bud A. and buddyd157 Thank this.
  5. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    military or civilian time? Just wNt to know Am or Pm

on a side note, what’s the difference between a radio and a coffee? And I doubt a 1 second eyes off the road was the cause. Me looking at my side mirrors take a second, so I call bs, he wasn’t scanning the road.

HoneyBadger67, D.Tibbitt and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I run 24 hour military time. If it's 0700 its self explanatory, if it's say 1800 thats 6PM tells you how many hours until end of day midnight for logging and other purposes.

Val_Caldera, bigbyrc and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i dunno, (but like you and others here perhaps), i have seen quite a few men with that type of neck. they cannot turn around as easily or comfortably as the rest of us can and take for granted.

i cannot say if as they age, the neck bones get worse with arthritis or any other type of issues.

i just tried a very quick google search on huge necks, (seriously) and i could not find any thing specific.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I don't know, but I do have Osteo arthritis. Which itself is bad. What you really don't want is Rheumatoid Arthritis if at all possible avoid getting that. Which means staying active. Osteo does not bother me anymore. But the RA scares me. If I had that not only I be back on drugs but also drinking and smoking to reinforce them. Trucking wont even matter then. So bottoms up Id say.

Bud A. Thanks this.
  9. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i do what i can to stay active, with out hurting myself in the process. at my age (and maybe yours as well) it is easy to hurt our backs, and be in an immense amount of pains, that never go away.

the thing about retirement that i know i had mentioned in other threads, is that you never really retire, if you got a home and kids, and grand kids.

there is a never ending "honey dew" list, that grows exponentially each day into retirement.

i think to be honest, no one should retire, that way, you stave off that "honey dew" list.....lol

10. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Im sure theres a shiny peterbilt with ur name all over it if u ever wanna get back out here lol

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    well, thing is, when i retired, i RAN...NOT DROVE (lol) to the DMV and turned in my CDL....it was my TOP priority to do so....

so, i really have no gumption to go thru re-training and re-testing, all over again.

do not forget, i got my truck driving license when they were easier to get, and then grand fathered in for the CDL.

weren't too hard to take the DMV in an oxen cart.....but backing them buggers, was a #####......!!!

x1Heavy, Bud A., LoSt_AgAiN and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.