Question about Arnold.

Discussion in 'Arnold' started by sharp.dressed.man, Apr 8, 2013.

1. sharp.dressed.man

sharp.dressed.man Heavy Load Member

Dec 10, 2011
    IL
    I got a call from Arnold and I have a few questions if one of you would take the time to answer them I would greatly appreciate it:

What kind of trucks does Arnold use?
    Are they auto, 10 speed, or other?
    I am out of St. Louis, MO and I am looking for something regional. Does Arnold keep you in your region?
    What kind of weekly pay am I looking at?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lone Wolf 1

Lone Wolf 1 Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Give Arnold a call,U do't have to commit.This is info they give U freely....

4. richieryan

richieryan Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    OKC,OK
    Read back through the Arnold threads here. Plenty of recent info from current drivers.

5. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Peterbilt lightweights, international lightweights, cascadias but usually got trainers and the few teams. Mostly 2010 and up. Any truck that starts with a 9 or 0 at autos, 1, 2 and 3 series are manuals. first digit of truck number is the year of tractor unless it's an old LinkAmerica truck. LinkAmerica trucks that start with 9's are the only autos they had. Link trucks that start with 32 are 2012 internationals with electric apus. 34 are 2012 peterbilts with thermo king units. And no, Arnold sucks at keeping you in your region to be honest.

sharp.dressed.man Thanks this.
  6. sharp.dressed.man

sharp.dressed.man Heavy Load Member

Dec 10, 2011
    IL
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions brother. I really appreciate it.

7. richieryan

Aug 3, 2011
    OKC,OK
    My experience was more trying to escape the OK/TX/LA area. I always got longer runs by getting out of the SW regional area. Not that it makes any difference if you get less than 2000mi/wk at the .33mi rate.

8. richieryan

Aug 3, 2011
    OKC,OK
    An example of bait & switch: I received an e-mail from an Arnold recruiter....
    CONTACT CINDY LINDAHL ONLY 972-986-3154 EXT 6324 !!!!!!!!!
    NEW DEDICATED RUN.

ONLY NEED 4 MONTHS TO 6 MONTHS TO QUALIFY

DEDICATED OPENING:
    RUNIING , SAN ANTONIO, DALLAS, AND HOUSTON

REGIONAL POSITIONS.:
    SW AND SE
    AFTER FIRST 5 delivered loads weekly you will get a bump the doc bonus $15.00 for each load,

Any detention after 2yrs is billed 15.00 per hr

Extra drops 30.00

Paycheck now at 788.25
    now after adding loading bonuses, extra drops then your average is .39cpm.

Average .39cpm
    We have the Super SE Reg. and SW Reg. Out 7 to 10 days then home for two.
    Arnold pays for greyhound,hotel,breakfast, lunch, voucher for dinner, phy/drug screen
    $125.00 flat rate for orientation pay. Some customers we haul for: International Paper,
    ,Home Depot, Publix, HEB, Georgia Pacific, CH Robinson, Nestle,Auto Zone. AAA cooper.

I e-mailed asking for more info and got this:
    "the one in oklahoma was filled last week i have the sw open runs tx,ar,ok,la,ks,mo out 7 to 10 days then home for two"

The thing is, I've never heard of any dedicated in OK. The original e-mail refers to "Texas Tour", which can be a good deal, since it's salary, not mileage, unless you go over a certain number of miles. Very handy if you have the misfortune to have to let the GP shop work on the truck and you are stuck for a few days.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.