Question about Melton trucks

Discussion in 'Melton' started by RStewart, Aug 30, 2016.

1. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    I'm looking at buying a used Melton, either 2012 or 2013 model T660. Just wondering if any current drivers can tell me if Melton has been having any emissions issues with their trucks?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    I'm not understanding why your asking about Melton trucks with emission issues. Mostly doesn't matter what company, O/O, or what make, model, or engine. These years of trucks have a huge percentage of emission problems. You have at best about a 40% chance of getting on that might not give you to many problems. if you keep up with with it. Personally I don't like them odds. If you don't run cali might look into some off the Schneider gliders for sale. Or check with Fitzgeralds, thy might have some recent trades worth looking into.

4. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Because it does matter what company. I'm sure Melton is like all the rest & jacks with the motor settings which screws the way the emissions work. Also, almost all drivers are not educated on how to drive emission trucks. It's not the same as the old trucks. I'm not going to get into specifics or arguments/debates. This is what I've learned so far in my research. Thanks for your reply.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  5. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    I bought a Melton Truck. Have them checked out thoroughly and pull and oil sample. Check to see when the last DPF/Emissions service was done. Check the maint history.

They set the motor back to factory settings. No problem. However dont forget the truck has a fixed fifth wheel!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.