Questions about orientation

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by milby, Sep 10, 2021.

1. milby

milby Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Higginsville, MO
    I applied at Schneider this morning at got a conditional offer to go to orientation in Green Bay probably October 5.

I went to cdl school two years ago and only drove for one company right out of school for a week and haven’t been in a truck since.

I’m already nervous about orientation. Will they expect me to do a driving test and a pretrip at the beginning of orientation?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Is it for a refresher course or just a straight-up hire?

4. milby

milby Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Higginsville, MO
    They hired me as a CDL holder with less than 3 months experience. I will be going through the three week training

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. Lunatic Fringe

Oct 1, 2016
    Three weeks on a trainer's truck?

6. milby

milby Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Higginsville, MO
    No. One week classroom, a week on the backing and one week out with a trainer. Have you been through Schneider’s orientation and training?

7. Lunatic Fringe

Oct 1, 2016
    No, I've trained for another company. I'm just trying to hash out what your deal is with Schneider. Schneider will hire experienced drivers and put them right to work but since you said you had no real experience and your CDL was 2 years old I suspected that you were going in on a refresher training program. Different deals, different answers.

For the experienced drivers the standards are higher but after the initial eval they're done. You're going into a retraining program, so it's less pass/fail more see where you're at and plan what to train you on kind of thing. Yes, there will be a driving test.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  8. John Joel Glanton

John Joel Glanton Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2021
    Texas
    So are you at orientation?

9. Terlingua

Terlingua Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    I'll be starting new driver orientation at the Dallas OC on Tuesday. Finally got my CDL about 3 weeks ago.

John Joel Glanton Thanks this.
  10. John Joel Glanton

Sep 22, 2021
    Texas
    Congrats! Waiting on my road test. Seriously considering Schneider too. Keep us posted.

11. John Joel Glanton

Sep 22, 2021
    Texas
    How's it going there? Is orientation held on weekends too? I am looking to start soon but not sure how it would work with the holidays coming up. I don't want to be sitting in a hotel for 3 days each week. Might wait until Jan

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.