Questions On Swift Transportation

Discussion in 'Swift' started by New Driver' Kevin, Mar 4, 2013.

1. scratbandit

scratbandit Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Pp You made 40k your first year is laughable. Your lucky if you can land walmart or target dedicated then you can make good money in that range but unfortunately you are also a trainer also. The truth is you might make 24000 your first year. Pay is horrible at best and support is nonexistent. The thing to remember is don't listen to the house. There is a huge learning curve. I came here from another company and there is a lot of what's said about swift is very true.. Make sure to pay attention to everything. The one great spot you will find some very helpful drivers and some good trainers that will make a huge difference. Your first week will be the hardest but just keep at it and you will be fine. as far as spending 4000 for school think twice about it. There are certain companies that you will have no cost to you. Way all your options. Training company means cdl mill :(..

On the bright side the company school is actually pretty good and recommend it for training. For all the hassle and cost make sure you really think about your career path and look around. There are easier paths and a lot less cost.

Dagger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dagger

Dagger Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2012
    I just finished my first year and I am much much closer to $24,000 than $43,000. I never turn down a load and I have no problem driving 600 miles/day. I am ready, willing, and able to work yet I sit far too often. I used to stay out for 6 weeks at a time to try to make money but it didn't matter. Now I try to get home every three weeks or four weeks for a few days. Based on the drivers I've talked to, my first year salary is a lot more common than Scarface's.

4. scratbandit

scratbandit Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Honesty is a lost art form these days. Thanks dagger.

5. Scarface1978

Scarface1978 Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Granite City IL
    I made $43,000 and I was here 4 months before starting my 1st full year,

i think the biggest key to making the money is a good DM which I have he takes care of me if I don't have I load I call him he gets me 1 if I wanna tcall he does if he can I run out of hours every 6 days take restart and do it again run run run guess I was one of the lucky ones

dont let these other guys get u down all these company's are the same unless u get a small company which good luck with no exp Swift is a great start some just handle this job then talk #### on company's I will admit communication sucks here but I've made it work I been with swift going 17months and ready to move on at my 2yr date but its a great place to start.

you can as a recruiter to see if they can get u straight into dedicated but it will depend on your location
    your suppose to live within 50miles but I'm at Walmart I live 160miles away

im doing better this year than last year I've already made over $9000 in just 2 months I make anywhere from $900 to $1400 a week but pretty much average $1000 a week.

sorry for ya guys not making the money sounds like u need a new DM OTR drivers should make no less $50,000 a yr it should be law and these company's should have to pay whether we sit or not

6. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    true nuff ..

Attached Files:

7. Scarface1978

Scarface1978 Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Granite City IL
    LOL never see.n the Hospital 1, I hear about accidents mon threw fri and cer events constantly gets really annoying stop hiring everybody that applies wouldnt have all these accidents

scottied67 Thanks this.
  8. becky4201

becky4201 Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2012
    My husband runs Canadian division for Swift & has 6 months in. He should make $26,000-$31,000 a year if his current pay continues.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  9. New Driver' Kevin

New Driver' Kevin Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Is it possible that I could take the truck home if I want? I want to be out 4 weeks at a time so that should be good. And about for the trucks I read somewhere on here that their trucks were set to 65 did they change this?

10. New Driver' Kevin

Dec 15, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Im not to interested into running in and out of Canada but if you make more money by doing that then I would try it.

11. New Driver' Kevin

Dec 15, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Are you allowed to idle sometimes?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.