Questions

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Drpparker95, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Guys im in a kind of tough spot. Most local jobs either want more experience or im too young. I tried otr and absolutely hated it couldn't stand it. I did local for awhile with pepsi but had some issues with the company and safety or lack thereof. I've applied to food service, waste management, concrete,and the like. Local dump trucks wont hire me too young, local beverage distributors are full. I applied to reinhart and sysco for driver helper they're just taking their dear sweet time. Really trying to avoid otr or even regional

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @Chinatown will be here shortly, meantime put your age location so we can chip in ideas where you can get an opportunity.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Meridian Mississippi and 21. Ill commute to Jackson or even Tuscaloosa

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Tyson Foods - Carthage - Tyson hires new cdl grads, even though ad says "exp. required"
    Requirements
    Monday thru Friday. 10 00am up to 12 hours on duty. Start time varies. Some holiday and weekend work required. Sign-on bonus of up to $1,500. Applicant must reside within a 45-mile radius of facility possess a valid Mississippi CDL Class A 21 years of age DOT Certification on the date posting one year of verifiable experience in type vehicle that will be operated. No DUI DWI conviction in the past (8) years in a personal vehicle. No DUI DWI conviction in Commercial Motor Vehicle ever. No DOT Drug or Alcohol Violation within the past three (3) years including Roadside Inspection violations as identified on locations PSP report. No previous driving history of a Rollover in the past five (5) years. Must be able to read and write effectively to follow delivery schedule. Must pass a driving test. Must pass a mandatory drug test for Tyson Drivers each time a DOT physical or random is given. Must meet the Tyson Driver Evaluations Systems requirements that involve but not limited to Points, DUI DWI Rules and Drug and Alcohol Testing. Must not own, possess, to otherwise maintain any domestic wild or exotic fowl to be considered.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  6. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Look up old dominion,aaa cooper, averitt, Estes, mclane food service souteastern.

7. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Im about twice the mileage away

8. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Already applied to us foods, Mclane foods, reinhart, pfg and sysco. Sysco said itll take about a month to look over the application, reinhart won't tell me crap except we'll call when ready. Cant even get pfg to answer, and calling us foods hiring manager tomorrow morning

9. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Ever heard of Epes Transport? They have a yard right there in Meridian, you can see it from the highway. Last time I drove through MS I saw 2 of their day cabs between Meridian and Jackson. See if they’re offering any local work.

10. Woodchuck88

Woodchuck88 Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2017
    New York
    Don’t look at dump truck companies solely. Look at construction companies who need drivers you will find something from a paving company. I know for a fact many of them are not strict at all as long as you show up on time. You are not too young I was driving dump trucks when I was 18 you just have to look harder. Go look at companies you see working on your local highways or search paving companies in your city.

Just passing by and BigBob410 Thank this.
  11. bowhunter67

bowhunter67 Light Load Member

May 28, 2016
    rush city mn
    I worked with reinhart foods for 8 years it takes about 3 weeks for them to get all the info on you like background checks and things they will call just have to be patience.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.