R&l Carriers

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by DRTDEVL, May 5, 2015.

1. Nutall76

Nutall76 Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2018

2. Nutall76

Nutall76 Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2018
    My husband and I just got hired on as a team .how did your hiring process go? What kind of road test did they give you? Iam so nervous lol

3. Nutall76

Nutall76 Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2018

4. IndianaMike

IndianaMike Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    Congratulations. Well ours was pretty easy but it differs by terminal. After our drug screens came back We went out the next day with a local driver in a daycab for our road test. Went about 2 miles and came back. Just wanted to make sure you knew how to shift and make turns. Pretty much everything is automatic now. After the road test we watched some videos and filled out paperwork. Then they showed us our truck and the facility. Where to fuel. Where the shop is. Basic stuff. Then we got a start date. We gave our company 2 week notice so we started two weeks later. I've heard it's about the same orientation at other terminals.

Nutall76 Thanks this.
  5. Nutall76

Nutall76 Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2018
    Thank you . will They have us break apart sets and hook together? Never done that before of course my husband has but Iam worried Iam going to screw up doing it by myself . Lol Iam so hard on myself

6. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    They didnt show us crap lol. Our meet driver showed us. We had a straight 53 and he brought us doubles. Gave us a crash course at the truck stop we met at. When I got back to break apart I had a driver there breaking a set and he showed me. It's not hard once you do it. Your hubby should be able to show you. I never touched them before. I have a thread in here called husband and wife starting at R+L carriers . Dont know if you've seen it

7. Nutall76

Nutall76 Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2018

8. Nutall76

Nutall76 Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2018
    No I have not seen that thread . Iam going to look for it now. Thank you so much I feel much better about this now. We go for our drug test tomorrow. I will be back to post more about the job. How do I look for that thread ?

9. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana

10. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    Here ya go. Click here;

Husband and wife team starting with R&L Carriers

Nutall76 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.