Rand McNally ELD-50 and DC 200(s) Support Thread

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Mark Kling, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Doing_flatbed_nc

Doing_flatbed_nc Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2016
    meth.

not even once.

Bank_Lbr and mitmaks Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

This bug is back, I can't remember the fix.

It won't certify old logs and won't log off. (I turned off the tablet for the night, but it think it'll pop right up in the morning).

4. Infosaur

Going on 3 days I can't certify my logs. Did Mark get scared off?

5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Well, it has been a month. My guess is he got tired of all the negative comments (justified or not, not in a position to tell not having used it) of the ELD50.

6. Infosaur

Well it sucks not having an inside man anymore.

Anyway tech support got my logs certified but somehow in the process nuked yesterday's log.

The data is still there but it won't generate a graph. (Even shows up in inspection mode, just doesn't graph)

They were going to see if it corrected at midnight or they'll manually input it in the morning (for them, office hours) so when I get back to my truck I'll see if it's working.

7. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    What a load of bs. Truckers run 24/7 365 a year. Nobody got time to sit and wait for office bookworm to fix logs next day or maybe 3 days later if you got issues on friday night.

8. Infosaur

Got it fixed.

I mean, if I'd been pulled over today there might have been some 'splainin' to do Lucy.

But I got out the bandito mask and ran naughty. I'm such a rebel.

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  9. Infosaur

New discovery! (*sigh*)

Let's say you're in Texas and it's 90 degrees out. So you pull into a stop, log off duty, log on sleeper berth, log out of the software and turn off your tablet for the night.

But you run your engine all night to keep cool.

Well the stupid thing is going to save that 10+ hours of data and try to upload it when you're trying to get your ducks in a row to leave.

8 minute upload!!!!!!

&@$(&&!!!!!

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  10. Infosaur

Okay, today's glitch:

Telemetry faulted. Reconnected the Bluetooth (onscreen) okay fine. Made two brief stops, (bathroom break and a stop at the guard shack cue) then went to switch to On Duty Loading. Now usually turning off the engine will bump you off Line 3 and just to keep all my ducks in a row I'll notate that I 1.) stopped for "coffee" (line 1) and 2.) stopped for security (line 4) before proceeding to a dock and waiting to get loaded. So this was the first clue something was amiss as the status never changed.

Okay, load, sign paperwork, close the doors, adjust the tandems, put on a seal, and go. It's a 45 minute drive to destination, (retail location) pull in behind their store to my unload spot, switch to On Duty Unload and,,,

It never went to Drive/Line 3.

Felgercarb!

Okay, switch to line 1, wait 2 minutes, switch BACK to line 4 Off Duty, adjust "Load at shipper" BACK to the actual time spent there (which stretches the off duty entry BACK 50 minutes) then by the time that takes push OFF DUTY back to the time I arrived at destination and convert OFF DUTY to Drive/Line 3 and manually enter location, mileage and state.

(Then actually do my JOB for a half hour, and unload the truck!)

Keep the client happy, then get back in the truck, disconnect the ELD, reconnect ELD, wait for it to reboot, log off the account, turn off the app, turn off the tablet, turn ON the tablet, re-start the app, log into the account, start the truck, re connect the Bluetooth, synch up the ELD, close the doors, release the brakes, drive out the parking lot, onto the street, look at the logbook and it says,,,,,

Wait for it,,,,

"On Duty line 4, unloading."

Because of COURSE it does.

Push the line 3 button and a pop up comes up that says:

(paraphrasing here)

"Sorry driver, but we know you're too stupid/dishonest to be allowed to have access to the line 3 button. Don't worry though, your Silicon Valley lords & masters are keeping track for you and we are never wrong. Click agree to continue, because we give you no other option."

Okay,,,,, line 1! (At an indicated 34mph!) "oh that? Sure we can do that just fine!"

Me: "Fffffffffuuuuuu,,,,,,!!!"

Get to my next location and get on the phone with tech support.

Yes I've been on hold the entire time it took me to post this.

25(2)+2 and Bank_Lbr Thank this.
  11. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Disconnect, throw underneath tandem, do a "hard reset" by running over RM pos with duals.

Bank_Lbr Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.