Rand McNally ELD 50 questions

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by EZ Money, May 12, 2017.

1. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    On the device with the App, did you go into settings and find the Driver Connect App and clear Data?

4. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    I did as per guidelines you've posted before, clear data, uninstall/reinstall app.
    My questions is how come app freezes up and why this hasn't been resolved my RM before they offered this product on the market?

5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I don't know. I don't work in the Fleet side of support. With the many different variables of devices and trucks issues popped up that were not foreseen.

Mark

6. darmor35

darmor35 Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Mark,
    Hello again. I purchased ELD 50 1.1 version.

7. str8trk

str8trk Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2010
    CT
    The ELD50 seems to work fine, it's the driver connect software that is malfunctioning. RM knows there is a software problem ...

8. ohiouser

ohiouser Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Ohio
    I don't know where the problem lies, but it sure is testing us. The drivers have been uninstalling, power-down and reinstalling the app. o_O

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    As far as the drive line issue, RM is testing a version that "should" resolve the issue. It is going into test next week.

I know and I am sorry that y'all have to go through all this. Some things went on in the background and that is all I can say on that.

darmor35 Thanks this.
  10. mtlemmon

mtlemmon Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2018
    I have another huge problem with the Rand McNally ELD-50. The tablet blew up twice now and I am using an android phone because iPhone won’t work. Now the app froze up and wemcalled support and was told what to do and low and behold we LOST the last 14 days of all the e-logs!!! Isn’t that grand!!! Now how do I fix this? The man on the phone didn’t know and he sure didn’t care. How can they be recovered? I thought Rand McNally was supposed to help with their products. What a mess!!!!

mitmaks Thanks this.
  11. Chaosn18whls

Chaosn18whls Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2013
    I have Eld50 and pairing it to Tnd80. On Friday nite when I logged of DC app there was an update for app(4.7). OMG.. I downloaded it and now app will not even recognize me.. anyone else having this problem? Or how did you resolve it??

Doing_flatbed_nc Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.