Rand McNally TND 740 "GPS not responding"

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Drive for AAT, May 29, 2018.

1. GregD

GregD Bobtail Member

May 26, 2018
    And now the newest update did it again!
    Not Responding!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckpc

truckpc Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Hi, I was told there is an update to address this issue, Rand released few days ago, please update when you can,

4. truckpc

Mar 25, 2010
    i hope this helps
    >>> once they connect to WiFi, they will see that the update is available on the device and be able to download and apply it.

5. Usa-Truck driver

Usa-Truck driver Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Usa-Truck driver - My RandMcnally tnd 740 froze multiple times new out of box. Today is 11/4/18 and I haven't used once. My RandMcnally tnd 540 I now had only 1month and 2 weeks if that,..it will freeze ..then I reboot. Fine for a few days. RandMcnally recommend not to take back to store on the package paperwork,....but I'm getting my $399 plus tax back on this tnd 740 new out the box.

6. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Forget about Rand McNally’s “customer support” doing anything.... they are completely useless. It’s another formerly reputable corporation bought out by Wall Street hedge fund goons who only care about getting the profits for themselves, and using it as a tax shelter once it goes under, much like what happened with sears.

truckpc Thanks this.
  7. EricC

EricC Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2018
    I had this problem on my RM TNDT80b tablet. I found and deleted the “NaviInfo” file and it booted right up.

I opened the file manager, went to the Internal Storage > Sdcard folder and it was right there.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Customer service was the first casualty of IT in college.

IF anyone has any brains and a zest for living, they need to avoid CS with a zeal.

9. truckpc

Mar 25, 2010
    which version of the software that is on your device?
    there was a fix months ago..

10. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    I completely reset mine, re-downloaded and installed the update (one was a massive 4 gb), and other than a couple of times I had to use the gps repair feature it’s been running good... so far. They released another update that gets rid of the speed indicator jumping around.

11. truckpc

Mar 25, 2010
    >>gets rid of the speed indicator jumping around
    that is only seen on TND 540 as i know.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.