Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Man I got to rant which im sure this have been wrote before but here it goes. Why is it whenever you called a customer or arrived at location they always ask what are you bringing or where is it coming from.:mad:

It definitely makes me wonder if they know what they be ordering.

Jay5GS, MACK E-6, jmz and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    "Whatcha got for me?!"
    "IDK, whatever you ordered!"

4. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    "What did we order?"

"How should I know, I don't work here."

5. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Gonna start passing this headache on to the Amazon driver.

"What's in the box? Waddayamean you don't know what's inside? Show me packaging list, I want some reassurance from you that it's something I actually ordered."

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  6. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Most companies will can you for refusing to deliver freight. We get hired to do a job and deliver freight. If the clock runs out, tough tits; it needs to go out again the next day. But to blantanly say "I will not make this delivery" before even doing a pretrip on a truck....

It's the kinda crap that is pissing off all the other drivers while diminishing profits cause you have to run the same route multiple times for the same freight.

Our barn works nothing like the normal world.

7. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    I’ve got two pallets for you, they’re coming from my trailer.

road_runner and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  8. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    I swear there’s zero accountability for the shop that works on our equipment. We have 6 trailers out of service in the yard. Half our tractors are down. The tractors get towed to the hub that works on them. They break down after they were supposedly fixed. Then they get towed back. Ridiculous. We have 4 road units that were “put out of service” due to lack of freight that have been sitting for over a year now. I had to turn back and head back to the yard the other night and there were zero road units. I had to take a city tractor. The worthless mechanic that comes out to do repairs can’t even change a head light or fix a broken mudflap on a dolly. The dolly needing a mudflap has been sitting for at least 2 months now. Next time they tell me to take a city unit I’m just gonna go home. There are only rated for 52 or 54k lbs GVWR.

Cardfan89 and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    They should, but in our terminal that might create the potential for bad optics and HR troubles.

Cardfan89 Thanks this.
  10. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Whats everyones policy when it comes to inside delivery. Does yall company allows yall to bring the pallet jack inside the building knowing that it can scratch the floor.o_O

11. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    I had a skid yesterday that went to a pot lab. It had some 55g drums of hydrogen peroxide 34%. I told the stoner that I had a pallet for them. He asked ME if I had a forklift to get it off wtf

Jay5GS, MACK E-6, LPjunior1970 and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.