Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    There’s another guy that has a single axle that does 68. Used to fly by me every night coming back from the hub on my last bid. I figured out where he’s out of but I’m keeping my mouth closed lol. Someone would really have to be digging deep to look at logs that close to see why the actual run time is shorter. Now if the truck was going 75 that would be very noticeable on the run time IMO.

jmz Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    We were told in a meeting a few months ago that the company had recently fired several drivers who were found to have tampered with the speed limiters, and that they were going to keep a closer eye on it. I also know of a driver who goes faster, but he only does it to pass and with traffic on the way out and a break on the way back, there's no real time savings.

Mike2633, road_runner and Digman943 Thank this.
  4. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    I stopped doing that because then I just get given more work. I take my lunch every day around 1-2 o clock. But I’ve done my route for almost a decade if I can’t get all the stops done it’s because there’s too much drive time, too many stops, or a breakdown/issue. I’m the only person north of the caloosahatchee in my area and it’s a lot of drive time at times.

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    It’s always nice to wind up having to backtrack 20 miles the wrong direction to chase a last minute pickup that’s usually a transmission core or some other no BOL garbage after sitting and twiddling your thumbs for a half hour thinking you’re done. :rolleyes:

That kind of #### makes me blow my stack, especially when it’s something somebody sat on all day.

Mike2633 and road_runner Thank this.
  6. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    It’s getting pretty darn slow at FXF. I via’d a hub this morning on my way back. Was there at 3:30 and the place was a ghost town. No one around, not even a soul in the yard hooking up.

Mike2633 and Gearjammin' Penguin Thank this.
  7. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Well looking pretty promising I accepted a contingent job offer. Going to be one of you guys soon in the LTL world. Leaving the food world very soon here. Days are numbered.

High Stepper, jmz, Radman and 5 others Thank this.
  8. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    You will like the Ltl world. I couldn't do any thing else. Money is great too. I work about 46 hours a week running line haul. Love it.

ducnut and Mike2633 Thank this.
  9. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I'm working line haul as well "road" as they call it where I am going to work.
    I work shuttle right now for a food company, it's not a bad job or anything like that, but life happens on it's terms and it's time to move on. Anyhow excited about my new beginning.

10. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    Wish you the best!

ducnut and Mike2633 Thank this.
  11. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Thank you! The company I’m going to is better then the job I’m leaving it is a step up. I’ll be in the LTL world leaving the food game behind after almost a decade.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.