Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Cardfan89

Cardfan89 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Missouri
    I run food service in the midwest I cant believe coke pays that much down south we just hired a coke guy with 3 years seniority and he was starving to death at 16.50 a hour.

jmz and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    food pays WAY better than beverage (soda/beer/whatever) and is the same work.

4. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    It all depends on the bottler and how much experience you have. We train at $22/hr. The whole no money in the south thing is a myth. It comes from people who don't and/or can't afford to live here lol.

sdaniel, road_runner and dwells40 Thank this.
  5. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Wow, now all our customers can track their freight online right down to the millimeter! What a wonderful thing!

NO. The customers now have just enough information to screw everything into a ####ed hat.

The actual businesses aren't the problem--it's the residentials who think that because their freight is at their local SC, that it's going to be automatically delivered that day. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Residentials require an appointment. If we can't get ahold of you to verify that someone's going to be there, your stuff ain't gonna be on the truck. So we have people screaming and squalling I took the day off 'cause the computer said it was here! without ever getting in contact with us. I'll just say that one customer is dang lucky that a) he called when he did and b) I had room on my trailer.

A little knowledge can be a very bad thing.

jmz, dwells40, misterG and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Cardfan89

Cardfan89 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Missouri
    We had a guy transfer to fort Meyers and took a 3 dollar pay cut.

7. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    The three poorest places I have ever seen. And in this order are Ohio, west Virginia, and Vermont. Vermont surprised the #### out of me but it's a dump lol. Look at property prices in fort Myers....ain't cheap at all. So your guy took a $3 pay cut and I make almost double what the coke bottler up your way pays.... I did hear that back when everything was still come up until like 5 years ago the pay was $16. When ccbf bought the rights they raised it to $21.

McUzi and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  8. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Residentials are a hit and miss for me in the past. Some days they were a PITA but most of them would work with you and even tip you.

I think most of them are the "final" mile receivers and are just happy to get their crap.

I had a handful that when I called they weren't going to be home but to leave it in the garage (that was open) or just their driveway. Just do a scribbly for my signature. Easy peasy, Japanesey. Never heard anything back from those guys.

9. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    Had a little bit of rain the other day...seemed like a good time to take lunch before getting out to break down my set.

IMG_2115.JPG

10. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    That’s nothing compared to this:

795079AF-3ED0-4B68-BC82-4380E647E7DF.jpeg

Cardfan89, MACK E-6, McUzi and 2 others Thank this.
  11. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Wow. An unpowered Swift trailer managed to hit a ups truck?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.