Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    We can lock ours up, at least. A company that supplies those will not tolerate that.

FlaSwampRat and Mike2633 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Today I had my load shift on me which isn't a big surprise in its self. My last stop was 475 cases to the county jail down town.

Anyhow, I opened my doors and an avalanche of liquid butter came out flying at me, knocked the load bar and everything. So I eventually did get all that straightened out took me a couple of hours to do that stop had to build almost 10 pallets. Only had one case of butter open up and glugg glugg glugg out on to the street I was able to get to it quick enough so it didn't get all over to much.

Then I got lucky and was able to flag down a passing city of Cleveland garbage truck and asked them if I could throw the damaged butter in the back of there truck and they said sure that'd be just fine. Leaking liquid margarine everywhere is the worst, don't get it on your shoes it's a trip and fall hazard.

Other then that, that's about all I know pretty mundane.

4. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    All of our drivers chain their tools to the fence where we park our assigned trucks. Management tends to get moody when people "stash away" what is left of company equipment by locking it to the fence. I am half tempted to bring in my lockpicking kit and free up some stuff.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Maybe is food service guys are just funny about our dollies, but mine is company supplied and it stays locked up with my own personal lock.

Mike2633, FlaSwampRat and LoneCowboy Thank this.
  6. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    Oh yes they will... I don't understand why they tolerate it but at the hub I run to, almost all of the pallet jacks are individually chained up.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  7. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Varies by company and how many drivers you have. At Reddaway we got our stuff assigned and if we lost it, then we would be stuck with the ghetto jack and just hope the company would cough up a new one for you next year. But we also only had 5 drivers so we all knew who lost their stuff and who didn't.

At bigger barns you have way more drivers and crap gets left behind at customers. It's easy for people to hide their losses and just grab new tools if things aren't assigned or locked up.

jmz and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    When I was in a package car at UPS in never had room in the truck for one so I stashed like five of em at different customers around the route lol. I was never more than ten minutes away from one.

misterG, McUzi, MACK E-6 and 3 others Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I guess that explains the one I found at the mall I deliver to.

road_runner, McUzi and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  10. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I used to deliver the king of Prussia Mall and we had about a dozen of them there.

11. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    2 hour delay pay thanks to a nice individual who decided not to do even a basic post trip. Was at a dark terminal so they sent over a shop guy from a hub.

A1D7B027-C1A8-4A06-8497-7CBAE6787C73.jpeg

Bob Dobalina, misterG, McUzi and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.