Refrigerated Loads

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by dirttrackking55, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL

You talkin' to me? Hehehee

I don't know. I check the oil, the temp settings and top off the fuel. The only time I need to notice what make it is, is when I have to call breakdown because it is not working. And that is very rare.

Mikeeee

catdog45 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ed2010

ed2010 Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    I see. I thought you're an O/O. but thanks anyway.

catdog45 Thanks this.
  4. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    But a company guy that touches a few hundred different trailers a year might have a more data than a O/O that buys one and runs only it?

Just not this company driver... hehehehee

Mikeeee

catdog45 Thanks this.
  5. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Easier to sleep with the reefer droning on continuous, too

6. catdog45

catdog45 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Yes the bol has the temp on it usually or ask. They might have you preset it b4 load. It takes about 40-45 mins for a proper reading and accurate temp thru out trailer.

7. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    This. Also, in my experience, a customer will never complain about you calling them and asking for any pre-arrival instructions that might not be listed on the load plan. If anything, they usually seem to tend to appreciate that small display of dedication to your job. The little things that can add up into a smoother experience with the customer, you know?

alds and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  8. Redneck352

Redneck352 Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2021
    I have a question. When you put it on cycle obviously it lets the temps naturally rise then turns back on to cool. But what in the case where it’s actually freezing cold outside. So does the reefer allow the temp to drop 5-10 degrees below the set point example if the load is set to 33 cycle will the load fall in to freezing temps on cycle when it’s not supposed to be frozen?

9. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Yes.

10. Dale Goslin

Dale Goslin Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2021
    It depends on what you are hauling as to how much you will need to worry about setting the temp. But you should always set the temperature about 10 degrees higher than what it is outside for cars and 5 degrees higher for refrigerated trucks.

11. Dale Goslin

Dale Goslin Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2021
    It depends on what you are hauling as to how much you will need to worry about setting the temp. But you should always set the temperature about 10 degrees higher than what it is outside for cars and 5 degrees higher for refrigerated trucks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.