Refrigerator/tv installation ?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by drewspuppet, Apr 23, 2018.

1. drewspuppet

drewspuppet Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Going to be starting with Prime team driving with my gf. I've heard will install fridge.. does that mean buy a truck fridge only to install? Or would the take out a cabinet for a dorm/mini fridge?
    Tv? Do they install them on wall?
    We only need one bunk and can make use of top for fridge and hang for tv.. but would be nice to leave bunk up if fridge and tv can be installed without the too bunk needed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    There could be a few answers to your question, depends on the truck you get. If you get a dorm fridge, you have to install it and figure out how to secure it, hate to see that thing flying around in the cab should something happen at highway speeds. In the older, 2015, 2016, 2017, and some 2018's, you can put it on the top bunk and secure it with some load straps. If you get a new Cascadia with the new cabinet layout, there is a place to secure and mount the dorm fridge behind the passenger seat from the factory. If you end up with an older Cascadia, there is also a hole for a truck fridge, they are $550 for a new one, but you can sometimes find a used one for $75-$100, and the detail shop has to install it.

CharlieHustle Thanks this.
  4. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State

5. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Just need one bed...???

You have a lot to learn.

Just because your teaming doesn’t mean that you’ll be literally running 24/7.

There are times when you’ll have to be and will want to be stopped for more than thirty minutes.

The beds in the sleepers are twin size and if you wish to share the bed with your SO then you’ll really be getting cuddly.

6. drewspuppet

drewspuppet Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Thank you for the replies.^^

UsualSuspect Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.