REFUSED TO UNLOAD DUE TO TEMPERATURE

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Altoh, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Altoh

Altoh Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2021
    I am trying to help my dad so if you could please guide and answer I would greatly appreciate.

My dad opened his own trucking company 6 months ago everything been good until yesterday. He got a load from CA TO GA everything was right , got there on time to delivery but receiver denied the load due to wrong temperature. My driver has put the right and temperature on ROC which was -10 , receiver denies the load because they said product inside was 26 degree . We thought that my dad might have forget to put the right temperature but he said he put it at -10 and everything cleared even further when we got the refer download which showed what temperature the truck us .

now the broker is saying that we need to sell the product and make enough $ out of it because they are going to charge as the $$$$ for the whole product . What do you guys recommend

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    If reefer recorder was downloaded and the graph shows -10 all the way across
    then I can’t see why consignee would have an issue. However if product was loaded hot
    then yes that could be an issue a reefer will only maintain temp they are not designed to cool product. willing to bet product was loaded hot. Have taken reefer over and had it checked out besides just a download. To prove reefer was set at right temp and was working correctly. Was driver allowed to observe loading of product and check temp before loading?.
    If I can’t verify, I always write driver not allowed to verify count or condition or temperature of product before loading.
    driver not responsible.
    Not sure if you’ll be able to go back on shipper if everything checks out with reefer snd downloaded temp graph.
    It does suck to have insurance claim.
    May have to see what shipper want to do with product.

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    When was the last time that trailer was validated?

feldsforever Thanks this.
  5. reeferwrencher

reeferwrencher Medium Load Member

Aug 4, 2018
    If the download shows it was set at correct temperature and it never wavered from that temp. I would contact a lawyer.Good luck

alds and Jarhed1964 Thank this.
  6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    It probably jumped to 26 because once you open the door, the temp changes inside the box. The product is not going to thaw out that quick. Also, I bet they waited around to unload him and let the box temp increase. I'm not sure what your dad can really do other than to sell the product, but in my opinion, the customer was in the wrong.

Team818 and slow.rider Thank this.
  7. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Was he hauling ice cream?

8. Altoh

Altoh Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2021
    Ravioli

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  9. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Wow....any new developments?

10. Altoh

Altoh Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2021
    We’re a brand new company so don’t really know what to do much , my dad been stuck there for 3 days now . Refer download came and everything was in order . Best bet would be a lawyer

reeferwrencher and bryan21384 Thank this.
  11. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Well i think you should call your insurance company. You have them for a reason & they are the ones who will be paying out, not you or your dad.

Tb0n3 and slow.rider Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.