Rejected loads

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by firemedic2816, Jun 18, 2016.

1. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    I am still in talks with JPT and just curious what you do with "Rejected" loads? Let's say you are hauling pallets of produce, you get to your receiver and they reject 6 out of the 12 pallets...What do you do with that produce? I have heard others take product home if it's not a lot or what ever. But if I am a 1000 miles from the house...what does one do? I know this was probably answered or they tell you in training but I am still several weeks OUT from Starting training and just curious to know

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I've had a couple loads rejected... I've taken them to either local food pantries or a local county jail and the inmates off loaded it by hand...

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Call your company and they will call the broker.

5. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    I also had a load of potatoes rejected and I ended up taking it to one of the national potato chip makers.... The downside is this takes so much communication between your companies dispatcher, claims department then the receivers claims department... Then the shippers claims department, then they all have to figure out a place to take the product...

In short the person who gets screwed is the driver because it's eating your clock and screwing you for time and your next load...

6. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Continental express wants you to bring any rejects to the terminal to be placed in the community cooler/freezer. What can't be frozen is free to whoever wants if, what can be frozen is used up when they decide to have a company bbq

7. flatbeb mac

flatbeb mac Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Well I guess your options depend on the circumstances your in, if it is a brokered load I would suggest going back to the carrier packet you signed and am willing to bet they tell you what to do. If the contract has that kind of language in it then it's safest to follow it. Sadly.

NavigatorWife and firemedic2816 Thank this.
  8. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Ok Thank you was just curious, I still have couple weeks before I can start but just wondering THAN YOU

9. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    This is one of many down falls of the reefer business.

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Product is reported to OSD, complete with barcode and weight information down to the .10th of a pound with count.

Once you complete that, they hunt for a wholesaler to buy your product. You are now a warehouse storage on wheels until your company's sales beat the bushes and sell the refused product. You gain the location of the wholesaler, drive there and deliver. Done.

Now.

One extreme form of Rejection took place with Mt Olive pickles load went too hot and then made a stink. On arrival they say no way, dump it. Company fault when trailer was at drop lot with the clipboard man failing to do his rounds checking fuel and temps on the dropped and running reefers. We did begin to have a clue in our final fuel stop when the 4 corners of our vent holes of the reefer started to smell really bad despite a reefer temp in range.

Broker coughed up a comcheck for 1200 dollars payable to the landfill that you drive to weigh in loaded, drive to the top with your air con in regen and all windows up climb to the top of the trash mountain and the crew gets into your trailer to dump it all over that hill.

There is nothing in school that will teach you to take a truck to a landfill and then endure grades somewhat steeper than it's made for. The kind that makes your high side wheels get light and tippy.

Weigh out empty and go find a trailer wash facility, poor blue beacon... they know not what is coming at them.

To this day we never buy meat or similar products wholesale where possible. We know and seen too much over the years.

In the good old days, you stored the rejected product, got your pay docked for them and now you get to bring home 4 cases of salad dressing to eat on. So there.

texasbbqbest and Mtn Gal Thank this.
  11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I would call dispatch and let him deal with it.

jbatmick and justa_driver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.