Request A Fuel Solution

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Turtlelegs, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Turtlelegs

Turtlelegs Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2022
    I have some questions about fuel solutions. I know I need to fuel where I'm told in my work assignment. But I'm not sure how to request one if one isn't there. I thought I could do it under the "update fuel level" area but I haven't seen it.

Also I dropped off a few miles after fueling and on my next assignment it was there again. I didn't see the point of adding less than a gallon of fuel so I skipped it but I wasn't sure why it was there.

Also some of the fuel solutions have been added mid trip. I can't mess with the tablet while driving so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to find out about it and I'm afraid I will miss one. Is there a way around this?

Thanks

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    If your ELD utilizes macros, then there should be a specific macro regarding fuel requests. Send in that macro.

No macros? You'll have to call your dispatcher and have him/her authorize a fuel purchase.

Also, it may be that your fuel card is already open and doesn't "follow" the fuel solutions given on your ELD platform. Bear in mind that fuel solutions are generated via a computer program and don't necessarily originate from a human source.

Bean Jr., Turtlelegs and alds Thank this.
  4. Terlingua

Terlingua Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    You get a new fuel solution any time you update the fuel level in the workflow app. When you update the fuel level, either when you first activate the assignment or any time afterward, you'll get a new fuel solution in about 10-15 minutes. You're not penalized for not stopping at a fuel solution stop if you don't need it. It only counts against your performance if you fuel somewhere that wasn't given to you in a fuel solution. Even then, the goal is only 85% compliance. Once you get a feel for how they work, you can make them work to your advantage. If you don't want to use a given stop, just go about an hour past it and update your fuel level and you'll get a new one.

For example, today, I was on a run from Dallas to El Paso and I started at just over half a tank. The initial fuel solution had me filling up in Weatherford, just an hour west of Dallas. I didn't want to fill up there, because it's a tight run and I wanted to fuel about half way and take my 30min break at the same time. So, I ignored the Weatherford fuel stop and about an hour past that I pulled into a rest area and updated my fuel level. It gave me a new stop in Odessa, which is perfect, right about half-way. I happened to know I was likely to get Odessa, because Odessa and Weatherford are about the only stops you ever get between Dallas and El Paso.

You also don't have to complete the fuel stop in the order given. This is useful for out and back runs where you come back on the same route, which I do a lot on my dedicated account. If I have enough fuel, sometimes I'll stop on the way back instead because I'm in less of a hurry. As long as wherever you stop was provided to you in a fuel solution within the last four days, it will be considered compliant. Using these tips, I fuel basically when and where I want and still maintain near 100% compliance.

If a fuel solutions comes in while you're driving, you can see it by going to the home menu in the navigation app and select Dispatch. You can select the stop and start navigating to it.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    JOHNQPUBLIC, Opus, gentleroger and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    They didn’t use to tell you when/where to fuel, except try to get it at J/Pilot when available and couldn’t at terminal.
    Is this a van thing?
    Tanker crew didn’t care?
    This was when they still had Qualcomm not this tablet thing.

Asking for a friend.

6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    very, very useful. Thank you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.