Reschedule, late fee delivery

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Petpg123, Dec 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petpg123

Petpg123 Bobtail Member

May 8, 2017
    I was in Smithfield, RI when I booked a load , had to driver hour and a half to my first pick up in Wakefield, MA , company call WestRock Co, they had me in and out almost 4 hour had to go twice and tell them that I have second pick, at 4:35 I was omw to my second pick up in Springfield, MA , I got there 7:35 , they had me In and out in 45 min, I only had 5 hour and 20 min left total shift, and by the time I left I got in to some back up traffic and heavy snow, I know I wasn't gonna make it so I drove untill 12.30, so I had to do split shift , I had to take this load to Performance Foods services in New Windsor, MD , I was for 6am delivery, I got there 11am , this receiver charge 235 lumper fee which was paid by the broker and wanted to charge me 805 total rescheduling fee and late fee, I told them I can't pay that and broker tried to get the customer pay which was West Rock and they put it on me, that it's my fault and they wasn't going to pay, the total rate conf for the load was 1000, now I've been charged because of neglect shipper who's employees take their sweet time to load, when I had to tell them few time my hours are ticking, I have miles to drive and have another pick up, when I was gettin load , and I also told the broker when he was giving check calls, Now long story short , I don't work for free neither do favors, west rock said that it's my fault and traffic weather and what ever don't matter to them, we'll I have to go by the regulations given me by the government, nobody seems to care all they wanna do its to charge u and not pay u for no real reason, shipper sends their load , receive gets it, broker take he's commission, I do the dirty job the hard job, everybody get what they want, and I'm screwed and not paid, this gotta stop I think it totally illegal, its the same if u seat the the restaurant and don't pay for the food and the service, my question is how to handle situations like this , any advice?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Welcome to the wonderful world of being an Owner Operator in trucking.

4. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    That load paid $1000 total for two pickups and roughly 550 miles on the East coast?

5. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    So you either took a load without the hours to do it or you didn't inform anyone when you were being held up

6. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    They’ll run for nothing :)

Probably a reefer load costing more in fuel, standing in line for hours checking in and out..

7. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Should have used your backup paper log and rewrote history..

Next time check the reviews on your pickups before booking the load..it’ll at least give you an idea of how it’ll go.

8. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    You took the words right out of my mouth

9. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Those are your own words. Don't you think your time and effort are worth way more than $1,000 for a load like that.

10. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    i would take that cheap load back to the shipper and say here you go, you can have your cheap load back.

11. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    What is in the rate confirmation about those late fees and lumper charges?
    If There is no language identifying, you as the responsible party to pay those charges. File on the brokers bond after you receive the load pay, if its not the full amount.
    You just did.
    Good luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.