Reserved parking strikes again

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by homeskillet, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Love's will put them out of business. More driver will go to truck stop with free parking. TA/Petro used to have big parking lots. Since they blocked lots of them off for paid parking. The free stuff fills up by 4pm. The advantage of big parking lot is gone. You go to Love's or any other truck stop you have same chance of getting free parking. So why even go to TA/Petro. They will put themselves out of business because they don't have any advantage anymore. Now with loves adding more truck stop. They have less advantage because their truck stop are old and paid parking and restaurants that close at night

TokyoJoe and PE_T Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    TA is the worst when it comes to reserved parking in my opinion. Some of the TA's in Maryland have gates on them and it's $20 if you're parked there for over 2 hours. Reserved parking has its benefits but drivers still ruin it. For instance, I reserved a spot at the Carlisle FJ, paid for it, then when I got there all the reserved spots were full cause people feel entitled to park wherever they want even if that means ruining someone else's day. Had to sleep on an on ramp that night

PE_T Thanks this.
  4. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    And Sapp Bros

Flat Earth Trucker and PE_T Thank this.
  5. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    The gated parking like you are referring to used to be the norm in many states at several different Truckstops Pilot, T/A and Petro ~ all Flying J's were always free parking before.

The closer you got to a Major city, that's where the paid gated Truckstops were

PE_T Thanks this.
  6. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Someone told me on the radio the other day that the chrome shop in Wildwood is charging to park now ?

Everything at that exit is over priced it’s nothing more than a tourist trap for truckers.

gerardo1961 Thanks this.
  7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    I was parked there for my 10 hour break about a month and a half ago. They do indeed charge for parking, they have a gate set up where you pull a ticket and when you get ready to leave you pay vending machine. Set me back about 20 bucks.

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  8. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    If you had gone inside and showed them your receipt for the reserved spot, they would of sent someone out to chase off the guy's that didn't pay. I've had to do this a few times.

Swedish Chef, Studebaker Hawk and PE_T Thank this.
  9. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    They have been for 2 years or more. They got tired of paying to clean and maintain the lot when 90% of those parking there didn't spend a penny inside.

10. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Either that or they’ll give you a refund. All the times I’ve used reserved parking, I’ve been lucky they had someone kick out the freeloaders on the reserved parking. Only one time I was allowed to park where I wasn’t supposed to. I felt a bit cheated, but they told me they allowed a driver with a disability to park there in the day.

11. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    The TA in West Oklahoma City had a security guard that shot a driver when he wasn’t ecstatic about being told to move at 2AM.

Alleged Fight Over Parking Spot Leads To Shooting At SW OKC Travel Center

Which is more likely: A sleepy driver charges a security guard with a firearm or the security guard declared himself Dirty Harry sheriff of the parking lot and shot a driver because he said something that made him angry?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.