Rest Rooms

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    We have the same problem in parts of the US. In areas with large populations of illegals from Central and South America, you will see signs explaining what to do with the toilet paper, because people who have never used a flush toilet are worried that it might clog, and frequently throw their used toilet paper in the trash cans.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    We don't need no stinkin restrooms!!

[​IMG]

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  4. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Probably because they don't realize the average age of US truck drivers is around 57, and most of us have sore knees. What I hate is that long drop to the seat in a stall so small that my head hits the door while leaning forward. That's why I always go for the handicap stall with grab rails.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  5. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    Me to but it's because I need the leverage.

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  6. Buster Churry

Buster Churry Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2018
    Up The Road
    They should change the name because nobody but me is getting any rest in these rooms.

7. thaistick

thaistick Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2014
    OTR/Thailand
    Those old asian folks are more flexible at 90 than you were as a newborn....
    When I'm in Thailand and I run across a squat sh!tter usually I just take my shorts off, it can be a little tricky to maintain one's balance and avoid dropping the deuce in your drawers.

Plantfoam Thanks this.
  8. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    If you take your shorts off,just take you drawers off as will.

9. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    yeah i'd imagine that'd cause quite a stir among our female friends however a gentleman could have a purely legit reason for being there if the call of nature was due, in most places its not an offense as long as you've touched no one and were there simply to ease the call of nature. on the topic of crappers a friend of mine was thinking of marrying an Indonesian lady and went over there to visit her folks while they were out in the country or the rurals the local toilet facility consisted of just a hole in the ground and wait there's more no toilet paper so guess what they used to keep their backsides clean ? Needless to say just a hint their very reluctant to shake anyone's right hand.

10. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I am not sure if I ever mentioned this before on TTR. When I was in the Air Force (Dec 1975) to (Dec 19880) 5 years I know I extended a year. The shop I worked at only had one restroom, washroom and locker room. During those 5 years the amount of female's in Maintenance floated between 3 and 7. Offically they had to go upstairs to the orderly room to use the ladies room like most of the female civilians did. What I always found interesting is most of those gals went right on ahead and used ours.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.