Restroom access

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by driver81, May 23, 2017.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Went to a customer one early morning, checked in at the window. No one answered so I being the nosy type tried the door. It was unlocked so I started wandering the halls and found the executive restroom. Coming back out a startled office worker asked me who I was, I just said, truck driver with a delivery. The office worker got all bent out of shape lecturing me about how drivers are not allowed to use the office restrooms.

Another place I would deliver to about 0400AM a couple times, after checking in with paperwork, (they had to buzz me into and through the office to get to the docks), on the way out I would detour to the restrooms. Next time I was there about 0645 and did the same thing but the girls come in at 0700 and complained to the dock boss. He called me in and lectured me that their restrooms were off limits to drivers.

Then these people wonder why truckers poop in a bag and sneak it into the offices and drop it in an office trash can at an unoccupied desk stinking up the entire office lol

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    .....or leave a nasty door knob!

4. Ristow

Ristow Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Fema Region 5
    and the following week they had a porta potty outside the dock for the weird truck drivers to use...

born&raisedintheusa and magoo68 Thank this.
  5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Oh boo hoo...:rolleyes:

Next, we'll be hearing complaints about how someone's lot-tay was made incorrectly.

6. Georgee1

Georgee1 Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Having worked in multiple manufacturing factories, the corporate one I worked at pushed for employees to guide or prevent drivers from leaving the docks. And the 2 small companies , 1 which I work at now really didn't care. I used to work 3rd before getting pushed to 2nd. And people would just walk in at 4am ask for directions and if can use the restroom.

7. Anon99

Anon99 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2017
    It would be nice is the American Trucking Associations or whoever would push for a federal law requiring all facilities that do business with truck drivers to provide access to a restroom or at the very least, a portajon.

I doubt that'll happen, so in the mean time if you got a live load/unload coming up and you haven't gone to the bathroom recently, get your business done somewhere before you get to the shipper/receiver just in case they take a long time. Always assume that where you're going has no driver-accessible facilities.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    What do you do if you're stuck on the interstate due to road closed during ice storm? Truckers not allowed to use restrooms at a facility; fine, have a backup plan.

born&raisedintheusa and KB3MMX Thank this.
  9. jethro712

jethro712 Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    5 gallon bucket with lid, kitty litter, good toilet paper and wipes. tried to use a porto-jon once, seat was covered in feces. some disgusting people out here

born&raisedintheusa, KB3MMX and TravR1 Thank this.
  10. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I always wait to poop at the check-in counter at Walmart.

:pottytrain5:

11. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Heeeey! That's a hell of an idea!

Now to figure out how to sneak a bag full of Baby Ruth's into the receiving office trash can at the Walmart DC in New Albany, MS. Maybe I could just hand it through the hole in the glass, "Hey, could you be a dear and throw this out for me? Thanks ever so much... C'est la vie, I must be going now."

KB3MMX, DoubleO7 and Heritage11 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.