Review for EW Wylie DRIVER BEWARE

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Rightaway, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    No, I didn't mean that, I meant that very few companies are going to allow a drive to just deadhead like 1k miles without permission or routing just to turn the truck in and quit. most companies I had left always routed me back towards their yard and I got paid on my last check. If the driver just decides to up and go driving all the way back to the yard, like 1k miles or so, without being routed or getting an ok from his or her dispatch, usually that's an unauthorized move, and yes they can deduct the cost of those miles from a driver's pay. That's the rules at almost every company ive worked at, and also usually spelled out very clearly in writing at those places. In fact if I owned a company I would have that rule in place too.

Obviously you misread my last post. I'm not an *** kisser to companies I work for, but I've had enough years (just over 20)in this industry witnessing the ignorance of some drivers. of course if the driver gets routed in they should get paid. But either deliver that last load or drop in in the yard after getting written instructions or permission from the boss. That way the driver covers his or her rear when it comes to getting paid.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    If you're referring to Satan yes... But if you're referring to the art of warfare no , sometimes the does get the high ground, the only recourse is to draw him out of this position
    .... A good example of this is in the battle of Gettysburg
    General Robert e Lee made the biggest mistake he has ever made with Pickett's charge

4. marinegordon

marinegordon Light Load Member

May 12, 2008
    Richlands, NC
    Not gonna lie they sound like a decent ent company. They pay for a flight or rental most will just greyhound you. They give you an option to pick out a truck most just give you a number and say find it.

It's common practise to quit and return with a load. Of course if you quit and don't come back with a load they won't pay you that's ridiculous. If you were calm brought in the load and handed the keys over they would surely pay you.

To me it seems trucking is not for you, if you quit that company wait till you see the others lol

fargonaz and carramrod32 Thank this.
  5. TopGun'69

TopGun'69 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio

6. TopGun'69

TopGun'69 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio

7. TopGun'69

TopGun'69 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ill be glad to back up this warning. I worked for these clowns, & the place is a complete JOKE!
    K Monsobroten- I think she had a degree in basket weaving, applied for a job at Wylie- and low & behold she's suddenly a qualified Driver Manager who knows everything in the world about trucking & CMV Drivers. The same would be true for the 'be-yotch' Anderson- who doesn't know crap about ####'in safety! These idiots try to manage your route like u are some kind of idiot. I hate this place, & would advise against anyone thinking of going here. That would be a very foolish move. Fargo is nice, but totally avoid EW Wylie. Trust me, it's not worth your time!

8. antoinefinch

antoinefinch Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Phenix City, Alabama
    but your'e not getting payed to drive 1000 miles did you not read the OP statement about that?

9. ravensix

ravensix Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2016
    They can't do that on Facebook if you have there equipment secure at your home of record or turn in to there nearest terminal per fed law...fyi

10. ravensix

ravensix Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2016
    Suppose to say DAC report not Facebook

11. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    I really hope some of these "post" didn't read the part about that they wasn't going to PAY him for the loaded miles back..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.