Riverside Transport Lease Purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Mike Milholen, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Mike Milholen

Mike Milholen Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Does anyone know about this company and how good their lease is?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stuckinneutral

stuckinneutral Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Florida by way of NJ
    Their website has an interesting concept. Fixed cost lease vs variable cost lease. The variable cost is you getting charged by the mile based on your weekly mileage. They even offer a lease cost calculator tool to compare. Found this to be fun. Obviously, the fixed cost lease will be up to you to run enough miles each week to cover all expenses and build a suitable "profit". Good luck trying to get any carrier to guarantee 3k miles/week. Playing with their calculator, you will see that under the fixed cost program, you will not come out of the negative for the first 1000 miles whereas the variable has a $300(+/-) profit. At 2000 miles the variable plan pays about equal "profit" to the fixed. After that, the fixed plan gains ground and separates itself. It begs the question; do they try to hold the "fixed plan" operators to 2000 miles/week and push the "variable plan" operators higher as the company profits skyrocket under this scenario??

4. Longway Wrongway

Longway Wrongway Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Indeed you have stated my concerns well.....Soon we shall see.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  5. stuckinneutral

stuckinneutral Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Florida by way of NJ
    If you're headed in that direction, best of luck to you and drop a line with an update.

FatherGuse Thanks this.
  6. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Its a rip off.

jeff18 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  7. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    How is it a ripoff

8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    MOGLAR has special access to insider information via the benefits of Reynolds wrap.

redoctober83 and Knucklehead Thank this.
  9. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    No....Moglar knows how to run a business. And know the ins and outs of this scam.

Tell you what...want to know if its a good idea? Ask them to send you a copy of the lease agreement so you can review it. Including the LP agreement.

Do that FIRST. See if they will send or e-mail it to you. Do not agree to come to orientation or anything else!! However, if they ask you to put in an application first...that is not a problem. If they refuse to allow you to see the contracts then walk. Its that simple. DO THAT FIRST!

Then have OOIDA or a seasoned lawyer that specializes in trucking review the contract with you.

I will tell you this. You are basically an "at will employee." They make you think you are a contractor. The truck is not yours and you have no right to it. Do the hard work first. LP is not the way. If you want to get shiny truck syndrome I cant stop you. All I can tell you is dont do it.

These forums are flush with recruiters and recruiting bonus ninjas looking to make a buck off you.

LexMak Thanks this.
  10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Every company that I requested a copy of the contract, provided one.

BigTennOTR Thanks this.
  11. BigTennOTR

BigTennOTR Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Tenn
    I said it once I'll say it again....

You can make good money as a company driver
    You can make.good money as a L/P
    you can make.good.money being an O/O

yes you take the good with the bad and have to be smart with your money....if your bank account is at zero at the end of every period.... L/P probably isn't for you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.