Road Rage Story #1

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by tnscavenger, Jun 11, 2017.

1. tnscavenger

tnscavenger Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Maynardville, TN
    This was the most intense road rage I've seen. This is a copy of the witness report I submitted to the police:

· Incident occurred on May 11, 2017 at approx. 2130 EDT.

· Location; I-75 NB, MP 134, Caryville, TN

· Conditions; night, light rain/ drizzle

· Road surface: wet

· My vehicle: 2016 Freightliner Cascadia w/53’ Great Dane Reefer trailer (empty)

Report:

I was traveling North on I-75 in the right lane at MP 131, a semi-truck (CMV) had just passed me in the left lane. There was a black sedan (car) following it. As we reached a steep upgrade, the CMV began to slow down due to gravity before it could complete the pass. I was able to continue forward in the right lane, the car moved in behind my truck. As we crested the hill, the car was able to squeeze between my left rear bumper and the CMV’s front bumper. The car began to apply it’s brakes in an attempt to “brake check” the CMV as we descended the hill. Then the car passed me on the left and moved directly in front of my truck and applied its brakes forcing me to apply my truck’s service brakes to avoid collision. I was able to read the car’s license plate and so called the THP to report a wreakless driver.

While we were slowing down, the CMV was able to pass us on the left, and move into the right lane, so the car then sped up, passed the CMV on the left, and got directly in front of it again. At this time they were approx. 1/8 mile ahead of me. Suddenly, both vehicles applied their breaks and drifted onto the right shoulder and came to a stop.

I decided to stop to see if I could help in any way.

(They did collide, and thankfully no injuries, but I did stop because I knew that this trucker might be in trouble. He could have been sighted for following too close or something similar. I didn't want to see this injustice. The officer told me that I may have to testifiy in court in the future).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Well, I thought it was a very lovely story. And you tell it so well. With such enthusiasm.

4. RDBG

RDBG Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Good movie.

HotH2o Thanks this.
  5. tnscavenger

tnscavenger Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Maynardville, TN
    Thanks, but I'm no Tom Hanks!

Mr Ed and HotH2o Thank this.
  6. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I had my first instance of road rage.

I needed to take an exit but really couldn't tell what lane I needed to be in. The signs were conflicting. Well when I realized I needed to scoot over one lane, I put my signal on. I noticed a black 4 wheeler on the side of me. He just stayed there. Well I was coming over so I started to come over ever so slowly as I wanted to give him ample time to move over a lane. He had an empty lane next to him so he had room. Suddenly he honks his horn and flips me the bird. He took a different exit so like 3 seconds later we split up.

If an 18 wheeler puts on his blinker that he needs to switch lanes, move the #### out of the way. 99.99% of cars do this no problem. This ### thought he owned the lane. Well, if you act like that someone will run over you.

7. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Intense? There were no bullets!

austinmike Thanks this.
  8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Here's another recent road rage incident captured and thought I'd piggyback on this thread

If you're going to push it, pick your fights carefully

albert l Thanks this.
  9. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Bum fights.

DDlighttruck and Naptown Thank this.
  10. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    The screeching female. These types of vids always have at least one. Also fat guy taking off his shirt to fight. 1 out of 4 stars. Send this guy back to film school.

11. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    Haha , fat boy showing off his belly tats

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.