Road Test tomorrow for Walmart

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by flightwatch, Aug 12, 2018.

1. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    Of course. I don't disagree. I also don't mind waiting as long as I know I'm not waiting for nothing. Especially if I'm passing up equally desirable jobs elsewhere.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    I wouldn't wait to the point it effects your finances for sure. You would think with the need for drivers here right now, they would be scrambling to get you on boarded. I would keep calling and say you need employment or you still have to work elsewhere. Do what's best for you and your family.

Dennixx and Coover Thank this.
  4. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Sounds like previous employers are holding you up. Might even be the job you are on now. I would check with the lady in B'ville and find out who they are waiting on and give them a call.

5. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    I always thought you had to be completely separated from your current trucking job to be hired on at another trucking job.... not sure if that’s the case; but, I know 10 years ago a trucking company told me I had to be completely separated from my current company before I could hire onto a new one....

6. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    That may have been their policy, but it is not a regulation. Walmart will ask that you give your current company a notice before seperation.

Coover and laaylor Thank this.
  7. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    I worked at HUB right up until I gave two week notice to come here. Turned into a week and a half when my truck broke down.......again......

I have always tried to notify folks when I am leaving.

slim6596, Coover and laaylor Thank this.
  8. laaylor

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    I would too...I was with my 1st company for 7 years... then my current one for heading on 11... so I haven’t tried hiring on anywhere and wasn’t sure about that.. thanks!

06driver Thanks this.
  9. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    If what I expect happens with the Gas City deal I may be up there where you can buy a poor broke Walmart driver lunch over at the Royal Buffet :p

I was in and out up there twice last week. Barely had time to grab a shower and roll Thursday night. Could have been worse with the power outage and them sending the loaders home.

laaylor Thanks this.
  10. laaylor

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Omg! Didn’t know any of that was going on... I’ve been on my 10 day vacay in Washington state and hadn’t heard about any of that! I had heard about the Gas City thing; but, I was told they had to work out an exit for the US Express drivers there still...

11. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    soon as i got my class start date. i told my employer peace. i called and said im not coming in tonight or coming back best thing i did. that job was so bad.

06driver Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.