Roadmasters and no experience question

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by senelcoolidge, Aug 20, 2018.

1. clred94

clred94 Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2018
    I'm also near Orlando. Want to get my CDL and planned on going to roadmasters but now IDK.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ronman105

Ronman105 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2018
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I work for Fedex Freight and I can tell you they will pay you while they train you and there's no charge for the training. You have your own trainer and the only obligation is that you work for them 1 year if you get your CDL through them. I'm a road driver and I'm home almost every night. If you do local deliveries there's never any overnight, ever. Everyone has their opinions, especially on this site but I have literally seen truck school students at the DMV that can't even parallel park their rig. There has to be some good ones out there but I believe all their fees are ridiculous. FedEx won't even take you to the DMV until you've displayed the skills to pass. For what you're needing, it sounds like FedEx may be worth looking into. I can give additional info if you're interested. Good luck! We've all been new to trucking at least once :)

4. senelcoolidge

senelcoolidge Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2018
    central florida
    Thanks. But I have my CDL already. Finished school in November. They didn't do a whole lot of teaching at the school. They just taught you how to pass that CDL test. I found a local place that hauls hazmat. I have my tanker and hazmat, and this company will help me get my TWIC. I intend to stay for awhile, it will give me experience and will look good on my resume. Perhaps in the future I'll look into Fedex. Thanks though.

5. senelcoolidge

senelcoolidge Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2018
    central florida
    I did not like what I saw of roadmasters, plus their affiliated with Werner. I ended up going to Truck Drivers Institute in Sandford. I paid $5,000, but that was paying out of my pocket. It's a little more expensive if you take a loan with them. It was a 3 week course and it goes fast. You do not want to fail your first attempt, so make sure you are on your game and pass that exam the first time. Some people get it and some don't. Getting a CDL is worth it. They need drivers out there.

clred94 Thanks this.
  6. clred94

clred94 Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2018
    Yeah I was scheduled to start with them on Monday. It was $5000 outta pocket. I know a few friends that went there and they didn't have any complaints.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.